UK IFAs and their Clients; Identifying the IFA client base is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Following the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review, the UK market saw a decrease in the number of advisors as well as an increase in the cost of advice, creating an advice gap in the retail and low mass affluent segments. However, different types of service models have since emerged to fill the need for advice. Looking forward, the UK advice market will see an increase in demand as the population grows older and wealthier. In addition, the introduction of pension freedoms in April 2015 has prompted a rising number of UK customers to seek out professional advice.
- Looking forward, growing affluence and an aging population will increase the amount of those seeking advice and bring more potential customers to the IFA target pool.
- Older clients, particularly those approaching and in retirement, form the current core group of advisor customers. The typical UK IFA client is an older male investor, reflecting the fact that older men tend to be the most affluent demographic group.
- Consumers who choose professional advice do so in order to receive strategic advice and access to the better range of investments available through professional advisors.
- The pension freedoms have created a new market for investment advice, as retirees and those approaching retirement assess the wider range of options available.
- Life events prompt customers to seek out financial advice: the leading motivations among UK consumers are retirement, inheritance, and property purchase-related issues.
Complete report available @ UK IFAs and their Clients; Identifying the IFA client base.
UK IFAs and their Clients report is a comprehensive analysis of the demographics and preferences of UK investors and IFA clients, covering both advised and unadvised investors. Drawing from our 2015 IFA Survey and 2015 Retail Banking Insight Survey, the report offers insight into what characterizes UK investors, what drives investors to seek professional advice, and how to target them. Specifically, the report:
- Analyzes how the changing UK demographics and pensions freedoms have impacted the advice market.
- Examines the demographics and wealth of the UK consumer base, and which segments offer the greatest opportunities for advisors.
- Analyzes how investors have arranged their investments; whether they are advised or unadvised; and through which types of institution they have been arranged.
- Identifies the key drivers and events that prompt investors to seek advice and why some prefer to direct their investments themselves.
- Examines how advisors' client base is sourced and how to acquire further clients.
- Offers competitive insight into client targeting and digital services.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify which client segments offer the greatest opportunity in terms of unadvised wealth.
- Understand how to appeal to self-directed investors versus those who are already advised.
- Identify how to remain competitive by understanding investors' motivations and preferences regarding financial advice.
- Develop your client targeting strategy by understanding the drivers for seeking investment advice.
Echelon Wealthcare FCA Intelliflo Navigator Financial Planning PensionBee Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association Parmenion Pension Wise Postcard Planning Saga Investment Services Saunderson House Scottish Widows Wealth Wizards.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research