Botswana’s power mix is dominated by coal and oil-based power generation. Coal was the sole source of power generation in the country until 2011 due to its cost-effectiveness, availability and abundance. The contribution of renewable energy however is negligible due to the lack of a strong regulatory framework that favours its growth, as well as the lack of resources, except solar. However, in the future Botswana aims to generate 15% of its electricity from renewable sources by 2015, doubling to 30% by 2030. It currently depends on imported electricity to meet its power requirements, but investments are being made in power generation and the transmission sector to meet the demand-supply gap and reduce dependency on imported power.
Complete report is available @ http://goo.gl/HMBkrB .
- Botswana’s power market structure and regulatory framework.
- The key electricity policies involved in Botswana’s power market.
- Botswana’s electricity supply and generation scenario in Botswana.
Inquire for a discount on this report @ http://goo.gl/jjLrdr .
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into Botswana’s economic conditions and power market structure.
- Identify the major electricity policies in Botswana.
- Gain insight into the upcoming transmission projects and future power supply scenario in Botswana.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://goo.gl/kRGLy9 .Table of Contents For This Report
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 1
1.1 List of Tables 1
2 Summary 1
3 Botswana Power Sector – Current Supply and Future Scenario 1
3.1 Botswana, Power Market, Structure and Regulatory Scenario 2
3.2 Botswana, Power Market, Electricity Supply and Current Issues 3
4 Appendix 6
4.1 Abbreviations 6
4.2 Bibliography 6
4.3 Methodology 7
4.4 Contact Us 8
4.5 Disclaimer 9
Browse Energy Report @ http://goo.gl/0ZO9Hy .