Contact: Mitch Leff, 404-861-4769, firstname.lastname@example.org
UHY LLP announced the appointment of Stephen Lathrop as Senior Manager. Lathrop will be based in the Atlanta office, serving UHY clients nationwide. He will be responsible for project management and Enterprise Optimization for UHY clients as part of the Management & Technology Consulting group.
“Stephen Lathrop brings more than a decade of extraordinary engineering project management experience to the table, making him a highly qualified new addition to the UHY team,” said Cindy Hannafey, principal for UHY.
Lathrop is skilled in assisting clients with maximizing project performance, minimizing risk, business planning, staff resourcing and strategic planning.
His professional skills and qualifications include:
- Accomplished change management as operations manager of an office with staff of more than 75. Instituted a new structure and organization, streamlined the team with specific staff reductions and eight new key hires, identified key weaknesses including project losses by better than $1 million in one year.
- Assistant project manager for the $1 billion Port of Miami Tunnel project, including the lead role in organizing the tunnel group, workload forecasting, cost-loaded scheduling, and implementing a new change management process that helped recover several hundred thousand dollars in work effort.
- Served as internal joint venture project manager for two underground storage caverns of more than $90 million in constructed value. Project management included joint venture management, multiple subcontractor coordination, and aggressive design delivery schedules to the City of Atlanta.
- Rebuilt a successful and profitable regulatory landfill compliance group following the departure of key staff and senior leadership. Within one year, new staff was hired, new streamlined procedures were established to better serve the client, and key contracts were extended.
- Developed a new sustainability business practice which focused on greenhouse gas reporting requirements, landfill gas-to-energy evaluations, and carbon footprinting for energy and efficiency optimization.
Prior to joining UHY, Lathrop worked for Jacobs Engineering Group in Atlanta as Georgia Operations Manager – Water Group. Before that, he was with Jordan, Jones & Golding as a senior project manager/associate, and Geosyntec Consultants as a senior project engineer.
- Certified as a professional engineer in Georgia and California
- Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Georgia Association of Water Professionals (GAWP)
- Serves as a committee member on GAWP’s Leadership Academy Development Program
Lathrop received his bachelor of science and master of science degrees in civil engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He lives in the Brookhaven neighborhood of Atlanta with his wife Jennifer and their three sons.
About UHY LLP
UHY LLP is a full service national accounting firm with international resources and a broad range of services that include SEC audits, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley reporting as well as turnaround and transaction services. These additional services have been part of the growth of UHY and its commitment to meet the demands of its many clients. UHY LLP is a licensed independent CPA firm that performs attest services.
The firm provides these services through wholly owned subsidiary entities that operate under the name of “UHY Advisors” from offices across the United States. UHY Advisors, Inc. and its subsidiary entities are not licensed CPA firms.
UHY Advisors, Inc. delivers professional financial, tax and business consulting services to companies ranging from mid-sized to Fortune 500 in size and complexity. The firm’s innovative Management Consulting practice provides a one-stop solution for a company’s financial and operational functions, with a full suite of services to transform a company’s performance and profitability. UHY’s Tax Practice provides clients with comprehensive tax preparation and planning services. Accounting Today ranks the firm as one of the Top 20 professional services firms in the nation.
UHY Advisors, Inc. and UHY LLP are U.S. members of Urbach Hacker Young International Limited, a UK company, and form part of the international UHY network of legally independent accounting and consulting firms. “UHY” is the brand name for the UHY international network. For additional information please visit us on the Web at www.uhy-us.com.