Restauranteurs Andy Lock and Domhnall Molloy launch a new social gathering restaurant in Historic Arnold Hall with creative classics, a new pastry chef and copper-topped stocked bar.
Lee’s Summit, Mo. (June 30, 2016) – Third Street Social brings new life to the long term vacant, 70 year old historic Arnold Hall building where former President Harry S. Truman announced the start of his political career. Third Street Social adds a chef-driven dining destination customized for the Lee’s Summit area with a scratch kitchen and an expansive bar of traditional and creative cocktails and hand-selected beers and wines. The traditional downtown of Lee’s Summit and surrounding areas appealed to co-owners Andy Lock and Domhnall Molloy to invest in Lee’s Summit and preserve the national landmark. Third Street Social officially opened to the public on Wednesday, June 29.
About the Space:
The 7,000-square-foot-restaurant pays homage to former President Truman with a family-style table that seats up to 16 diners. The bar area features a 25-seat, copper-top bar with outlets convenient for charging and embedded big screen, HD TVs. Lock and Molloy stayed true to the historic structure’s roots with the exposed original trusswork and brick walls capturing nostalgia in the vintage-elegant space that adds something unique to Lee’s Summit. Plush booths, an open kitchen, a three-season patio and a fireplace creates the setting for a warm, energetic social destination. The restaurant seats approximately 269 diners inside and 30 diners on the patio. It’s located on the corner of SE 3rd and SE Douglas streets at, 123 SE 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
About the Menu
Third Street Social in Lee’s Summit features chef-driven cuisine from hand-cut steaks, burgers, seafood selections and other house-made items from their scratch kitchen.
· Lunch – Diverse options for a fast and easy lunch or a casual, laid-back meal. The menu features Blue-Plate Specials, a selection of popular Third Street Social lunch portions, including fried chicken, Korean steak tacos and the bacon and blue burger.
· Dinner – Options range from a house-smoked salmon salad and stacked pastrami sandwich for the causal walk-in diner to a dish of fresh Texas redfish or a hand-cut USDA Prime flat iron steak for those looking for an evening out.
· Dessert – Created by new pastry chef Nicollette Foster, Third Street Social’s desserts include chocolate mousse cake, phyllo-wrapped brownie and blueberry hand pies.
· Happy Hour – Served daily from 3 - 6 p.m. throughout the restaurant, the menu features food specials ranging from $2-6 including meatball sliders, Creole BBQ shrimp and Korean steak tacos and drink specials including $3 draft beer and $6 signature cocktails.
· Brunch (starting July 30) – The Third Street Social brunch menu is available Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Menu selections include favorites from the lunch menu accompanied with options like eggs benny, pork hash and Belgian waffles.
About the Bar
Third Street Social houses a full-service bar featuring original craft cocktails, as well as hand-selected beers and wines from local, national and international distributors. The range of cocktails includes The Truman Old Fashioned, Blood Orange Margarita, Berries and Bubbles and Smoked Lemonade Shandy. The restaurant serves a full bar during regular hours along with the drink menu’s 12 original cocktails and dozens of beer and wine options.
Reservations and Information
Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are accepted on the OpenTable mobile app, calling (816) 384-2123 or by visiting ThirdStreetSocial.com. All major credit cards are accepted. For the most up-to-date information, visit ThirdStreetSocial.com or engage on social media at facebook.com/ThirdStreetSocial, @ThirdStSocial on Twitter and @ThirdStreetSocial on Instagram.
Third Street Social is open daily for lunch, dinner and happy hour. The hours are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (kitchen), 12
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. (kitchen), 1 a.m. (bar)
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. (kitchen), 1 a.m. (bar)
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (kitchen), 12 a.m. (bar)
About Third Street Social
Third Street Social is a chef-driven American restaurant opened Lee’s Summit, Missouri in 2016. Third Street Social is open for lunch, dinner and happy hour, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. The restaurant’s menus feature a range of options from shareables, salads, sandwiches and burgers to hand-cut steaks and seafood. Third Street Social is led by long-time restaurateurs Domhnall Molloy and Andy Lock, formerly of McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood and Steaks. Third Street Social is located in Lee’s Summit at 123 SE 3rd Street in the historic Arnold Hall. Reservations can be made online through Open Table or by calling (816) 384-2123. Visit Third Street Social online at ThirdStreetSocial.com.