IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO (July 9, 2015) – RIO Products is continually evolving new lines, leaders and tippet for the fly fishing market to ensure anglers’ needs are fully covered. 2016 is no different, and RIO is proud to introduce the following new products to the fly fishing world.
· RIO’s new Powerflex® Plus Leaders and Tippet take advantage of a technical innovation of the nylon copolymer formulation to achieve strengths 20 percent greater than traditional materials without compromising knot strength or suppleness. Both products have great strength to diameter ratio. The leaders are built with a high-performance taper and are available in 2-packs in 7.5 feet, 9 feet and 12 feet lengths from 0x to 7x and retails for $9.95. Powerflex Plus tippet comes in 50-yard spools from 0x to 7x and retails for $9.95.
· From RIO’s specialty line series, the LightLine is a new addition designed for slower action rods such as bamboo, fiberglass, and classic feeling graphite. The short front taper and weight distribution makes this line ideal for short casts on small creeks, and the extra-supple coating offers minimal coiling and relaxed performance. Available in both double taper and weight forward, this line comes in 2-weight through 5-weight in brown and ivory and retails for $74.95.
· RIO’s InTouch Single Hand Spey line is ideal for roll and single-handed Spey casts thanks to a rear weight distribution that loads rods deeply especially in locations with tight quarters. This line also performs exceptionally well on overhead casts. The Single Handed Spey line recently won the “Best New Fly Line for 2016” award at the prestigious annual EFTTEX trade show. Available in WF4F to WF8F with peach/camo coloring, this line retails for $89.95.
· In conjunction with the market seeing a surge in two-handed rods designed for trout Spey, RIO developed the Skagit Trout Max Shooting Head. The 11-foot head allows for easy loading and sustained anchor casts for large streamers and heavy sink tips such as RIO’s MOW tips. These heads are built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore to offer the utmost in bite detection, hook set, and fish playing efficiency. These teal/orange heads have an MSRP of $39.95 and range from 200-275gr (#2 to #3/4).
· Building on the success of lines with ConnectCore technology, RIO offers anglers five other new lines built on this ultra-low stretch core for the ultimate in performance.
o RIO’s InTouch Salmo/Steelhead line is designed with a bullet front taper to cast typical steelhead and salmon flies with ease, and the long head offers great fly control and increased mending ability. Available in moss/camo, the line has an MSRP of $84.95, and is available in WF6F to WF10F.
o Pike and Musky anglers now get the InTouch Pike/Musky line with a short, powerful front taper to easily cast large flies, and the heavier than AFTMA standard loads powerful rods often used in these fishing conditions. Available in a variety of different densities, from WF8 to WF11 sizes, these lines retail for $84.95. A totally new Type 6 fast sinking head with intermediate running line completes the selection.
o RIO is also introducing the InTouch Short Head Spey and the InTouch Long Head Spey in 2016. The Short Head is available from 5/6 to 10/11 sizes and is designed to load shorter Spey rods quickly and makes casting with obstacles behind the angler simple. These heads range from 40 to 50 feet depending on the line size and is an ideal line for anglers looking to move from easy-casting Scandi and Skagit head. The Long Head is available from 7/8 to 10/11 sizes, and is designed for bigger rivers and long two-handed rods. A series of sophisticated tapers and steps in the line design make this line very easy casting and easy to control at distance. The InTouch Short Head Spey is available as an interchangeable tip line for easy use and has a retail price of $89.95. The rear weight distribution of the InTouch Long Head Spey line ensures the rod loads easily and retails for $99.95.
o In the saltwater category, RIO introduces striper anglers to the best of ConnectCore technology with the InTouch Striper line; from WF8 to WF11 sizes. The front biased weight loads rods exceptionally easily at close range and has tremendous power for casting big saltwater patterns. The series comes in three density options with a full floating line, a full intermediate (with luminous running line), and 30-foot sink tip line to satisfy the needs of all striped bass anglers. This line has an MSRP of $89.95.
· In the leader and tippet category, RIO introduces the Euro Nymph Leader and Two-Tone Indicator Tippet. Euro Nymph leaders are designed to meet the needs of competition anglers. The 9-foot leaders are built out of high-vis, milky white tapered leader and then hand-tied to 22 inches of Two-Tone Indicator Tippet giving maximum visibility and better strike detection. The leader finishes with a tippet ring requiring anglers to attach tippet to appropriately match the water type. The Two-Tone Indicator Tippet is opaque with 8 inch sections of fluorescent pink and chartreuse defined color changes to allow anglers visual clues when tight-line nymphing. The leaders have an MSRP of $9.95, while the two tone tippet’s MSRP is $14.95.
· RIO’s new Tippet Rings are small, strong and lightweight to make rigging fast and easy, yet cast smoothly even with dry flies. Tying the ring to the leader with a clinch knot and then to the desired tippet material saves tapered leaders, allows quick rigging of dropper flies, and are a great choice for European Style Nymphing and indicator nymph fishing. These come in a Trout and Steelhead version with a strength rating of 25 pounds and 45 pounds, respectively. They retail for $6.95 for a pack of 10.
About RIO Products:
RIO is a pioneer in developing fly lines, leaders and tippet material to enhance fly fishing experiences across the globe. Offering premium fly lines for both freshwater and saltwater fishing applications, RIO consistently utilizes field experience and scientific testing to create the best products on the market for anglers. Founded 20 years ago in the mountains of Idaho, RIO continues to develop innovative products, design revolutionary tapers and refine performance-driven fly line technologies. For more information about RIO Products, please visit www.rioproducts.com. Connect with us through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and Vimeo.