LA DESCENTE D’ORPHÉE AUX ENFERS & LA COURONNE DE FLEURS
COMPOSER: Marc-Antoine Charpentier
ARTIST: Aaron Sheeham • Amanda Forsythe • Teresa Wakim • Jesse Blumberg • Boston Early Music Festival Vocal & Chamber Ensembles • Paul O’Dette • Stephen Stubbs
777876-2 | 761203787623
1 CD | US SRP $16.99
• In cooperation with the Boston Early Music Festival, cpo will release two baroque operas by Marc-Antoine Charpentier, works both complex and highly entertaining.
• Charpentier wrote an impressive number of sacred works; the number of secular works is considerably smaller, but similarly varied. These two works are genuine standouts.
• The BEMF once again presents a marvelous cast of young soloists for the interpretation of these two vibrant operas.
COMPOSER: George Frideric Handel
ARTIST: Xavier Sabata • Max Emanuel Cencic • John Mark Ainsley • Karina Gauvin • Ruxandra Donose • Pavel KudinovTamerlano HWV 18, 1731 Version
V5373 | 822186053737
3 CD | US SRP $44.99
• Riccardo Minasi leads the Il Pomo D’Oro and a fine singing cast in this recording of Handel’s music drama Tamerlano.
• Mr. Minasi’s performing edition prepared for this recording is modeled after Handel’s 1731 version, but reinstates the Act II trio he omitted at the time.
• Booklet includes a David Vickers-penned essay on Tamerlano, a synopsis, a complete libretto in French and Italian, and artist photos.
COMPOSER: Antonio Vivaldi • Giovanni Battista Pergolesi • Ambroise Thomas • Robert Schumann • Johann Sebastian Bach • Joseph Haydn • Georges Bizet • Reynaldo Hahn • Giacomo Carissimi • Charles Gounod
ARTIST: Marie-Nicole Lemieux • Sara Mingardo • Nathalie Stutzmann • Sonia Prina • Delphine Galou
V5359 | 822186053591
1 CD | US SRP $16.99
• An hour of music featuring highlights from Vivaldi (Gloria and operas), Bizet’s Carmen, Bach’s B minor Mass, Hahn’s L’heure exquise, and Schumann’s Liederkreis, etc.
• Both warm and dark, the voice of contralto offers fascinating colors to many musical universes. This CD gathers baroque, classical and romantic hits performed by some of the most prestigious contemporary contralto voices: Sara Mingardo, Nathalie Stutzmann, Marie-Nicole Lemieux, Sonia Prina and Delphine Galou.
IPHIGENIA IN AULIS
COMPOSER: Christoph Willibald Gluck
ARTIST: Camilla Nylund • Michelle Breedt • Christian Elsner • Oliver Zwarg • Chorus Musicus Cologne • Das Neue Orchester • Christoph Spering
OC 953 | 4260034869530
2 CD | US SRP $34.99
• Whilst the concert and opera business continues to repeat Wagner‘s operas in ever new facets, Christoph Spering is interested in different aspects during the Gluck and Wagner years 2013/14.
• His serendipity led him to early Wagner and his adaptation of Iphigenia in Aulis, from which Wagner formed an almost new opera. Wagner conducted the world premiere of his version at the Royal Court Opera in Dresden on February 24, 1847—now Spering releases a new recording of it with an outstanding ensemble.
MEMBRA JESU NOSTRI
COMPOSER: Dieterich Buxtehude
ARTIST: John Mark Ainsley • Robin Blaze • Giles Underwood • Phantasm • Choir of Magdalen College Oxford • Daniel Hyde
OA CD9023D | 809478090236
1 CD | US SRP $22.99
• This release heralds a new association between Opus Arte and the Magdalen College Choir, Oxford, under its director, Daniel Hyde.
• Dietrich Buxtehude’s Membra Jesu Nostri is considered to be the first Lutheran oratorio.
• Renowned soloists include John-Mark Ainsley and Robin Blaze.
• Features Gramophone Award-winning instrumental group Phantasm.
In addition to being an award-winning classical label, Naxos of America is the #1 independent classical music distributor in the U.S. and Canada. Specializing in state-of-the-art distribution, marketing and promotion, Naxos of America distributes nearly 50,000 titles on CD and DVD to traditional brick and mortar retail, as well as offering a comprehensive suite of services tailored to consumer direct fulfillment. Naxos of America is also the largest digital distributor of independent classical music, supplying a catalog of over 50,000 albums to hundreds of digital download and mobile outlets worldwide. Naxos of America offers marketing, e-marketing, publicity, e-publicity, physical and digital e-commerce services, licensing opportunities, streaming services, sales and customer service for all new releases and active catalog titles of Naxos Records and more than 400 distributed labels.