Germany Packaged Food Industry Outlook to 2018 – Focus on Nutritional Food and Staples Market” provides a comprehensive analysis of the market size of Germany packaged food industry, market segmentation on the basis of meal solutions, impulse and indulgence foods and nutritional foods and staples by different categories on the basis of revenue. The report also entails the market share and company profiles of major players operating in the packaged Biscuits, Breads, Chocolates, Chewing gums, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments, Breakfast Cereals market in Germany. The report also provides the major trends and developments of the packaged food industry in Germany over the years. Future analysis of this market in the country is provided on the basis of revenue over the next five years along with the analysis of all the segments of the market.
Strenuous and busier lifestyles of the German population result in augmenting the demand for convenience and premium packaged food products in the country. The consumers have been showcasing an inclination towards functional foods, owing to the emerging health and wellness trend among the consumers in Germany. The changing lifestyles of the population are a matter of concern for the German packaged food producers. The ageing of the population in Germany has a significant impact on the food safety considerations as the older population is more inclined towards consumption of healthy and fresh home-cooked food. Thus, this demographic trend is likely to affect the sales of packaged food industry, thereby leading to slower growth of the packaged food industry in the coming years. However, people are gradually making a shift towards convenience and processed food solutions, owing to the time-saving advantage offered by the packaged ready-to-eat food products. The slow growth in the packaged food industry is majorly driven by the readiness of the consumers to spend more on the packaged food items, due to their larger shelf life and hygienic packaging.
With the growing media and health awareness, people are constantly making a way towards healthier food options available in the market. The consumers in Germany have grown more responsive towards the health, wellness, naturalness and hygiene credentials associated with the packaged food products. The new aroused health concerns regarding diseases such as cardiovascular, obesity and others have been acting against the packaged food producers, in terms of the sales and the revenues earned. The packaged food market in Germany has grown at a nominal rate of 0.1% over the period 2008- 2013.
Germany packaged food industry has expanded gradually over the last few years. The intensifying competitive activity in the Germany packaged food industry has provided a channel for growth to the various retailers operating in the industry. The market for packaged food in Germany was valued at USD ~ million in 2013 as compared to USD ~ million in 2008.
Packaged food industry in Germany has been dominated by meals solutions market capturing a share of ~% in the overall market in 2013. The ready to eat market includes canned and processed foods, ready meals, sauces, dressings and condiments, dried processed foods and soups, which contributed market shares of ~%, ~%, ~%, ~% and ~% respectively to the overall industry revenue in 2013. The contribution of canned and processed foods was noted to be highest at ~% in 2013. Some of the major and important players operating in the business are Nestle SA, Unilever, Kraft foods and others.
The impulse and indulgence segment mainly comprises of bakery, confectionery, ice-cream, sweet and savory snacks and snack bars. Bakery Market was the largest contributor of the revenues to the impulse and indulgence segment in 2013 at ~%. Griesson de Beukelaer, Bahlsen and Continental Bakeries have been the leading biscuit manufacturers in the packaged bakery market in 2012. The consumption of bread and other premium bakery products have witnessed a steady growth in the past few years. The confectionery segment in Germany has been growing swiftly since 2011, owing to the greater demand for confectionery food items among the children as well as the adults in Germany. The key players in this segment are namely Ferrero, Wrigley and others. The consumption of ice-cream has become a trend among the Germans and is gaining its foothold in the packaged food industry in Germany. The ice-cream market is dominated by the presence of some big companies such as Nestle Scholler, Mars and others, which lead the growth in this market.
The nutritional foods and staples market is a smaller segment of the packaged food industry in Germany, which contributed a share of ~% in 2013 to the overall revenues of this industry. This segment is majorly driven by the sales of dairy products contributing a share of ~% in 2013. The nutritional foods and staples market sales are led by dairy, oils and fats, spreads, pasta and noodles, baby food and meal replacement market in Germany. The changing lifestyle trends of the consumers in Germany have drifted the interests and preferences of the consumers towards the consumption of packaged, organic and carbohydrate rich nutritious food items. Some of the leading players operating in this segment are DMK, Theo Muller and others.
The most important players associated with production and sales of the various food products in the packaged food industry in Germany are Unilever, Nestle and others.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
· Market Size of Germany Packaged Food Industry, 2008-2013.
· Market Segmentation of India Packaged Food by Meal solutions, Impulse and Indulgence Foods and Nutritional Foods and Staples, National and Private Labels
· Market Size of Meal Solutions’ Market, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Meal Solutions’ Market by Canned and Processed foods, Ready Meals, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Canned and Processed foods by Chilled Processed food, Frozen Processed food and Canned/Preserved food, 2013
· Market Segmentation of Ready Meals by Different Product categories, 2008-2013
· Market Size of Impulse and Indulgence Food Market, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Impulse and Indulgence Food Market by Bakery, Confectionery, Ice-cream, 2008 -2013
· Market Segmentation of Bakery by Baked goods, Biscuits and Breakfast Cereals, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Confectionery by Chocolate, Sugar and Gum, 2011-2013
· Market Size of Nutritional Foods and Staples Market, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Nutritional Foods and Staples Market by Dairy, Pasta and Noodles, Baby Food, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Dairy by Drinking milk, Butter and Cheese, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Baby Food by Dried Baby Food, Milk Formula, Prepared Baby Food and Other Baby food, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Pasta and Noodles by Dried, Chilled and Ambient, 2011
· Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Germany packaged Food Industry, 2013
· Market Share of Major Players in Ready Meals and Sauces, Dressings and Condiments Market, 2008-2013
· Trends and Developments of Germany Packaged Food Market
· Profiles of Major Players Operating in the Packaged Food Business in Germany
· Future Outlook and Projections of Germany Packaged Food Market by revenue, by Meal Solutions, Impulse and Indulgence Foods and Nutritional Foods and Staples, 2014-2018
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta
Contact Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org