CNV-2197944 (Neuropathic Pain) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Neuropathic pain (NP) is defined as a disorder of the sensorimotor system and is distinctly different from nociceptive pain, which is a consequence of trauma, injury, or inflammation. The main difference between neuropathic and nociceptive pain is the absence of a continuous nociceptive input in neuropathic pain. Although the term neuropathic pain is used to describe a wide range of pain syndromes with varying etiologies, this report focuses on 3 distinct forms of NP: Painful diabetic neuropathy, Postherpetic neuralgia and trigeminal neuralgia. The main classes of drugs used to treat these three neuropathic pain indications include anticonvulsants, antidepressants, opioids and topical treatments. However, despite the availability of multiple pain medications only 50% of patients respond to any given drug and there are numerous the side effects associated particularly with systemically administered drugs, that reduce their tolerability. New treatments will target some key unmet needs in terms of efficacy and tolerability, but opportunities will remain for drugs that can more reliably eradicated NP in targeted patient populations, as well as offering an improved safety profile.
Visit Complete Report Here: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis-details/cnv-2197944-neuropathic-pain-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022
CNV-2197944 is a novel therapy being developed by Convergence Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of chronic pain. It is currently in Phase II of clinical development for both PHN and PDN. The drug was acquired from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in 2010 as part of an agreement in which GSK acquired an 18% minority equity stake in Convergence Pharmaceuticals. However, as part of the restructuring of Convergence in 2011, CNV-2197944 was transferred to Calchan Ltd., a sister company of Convergence Pharmaceuticals, which now holds the proprietary rights to CNV-2197944.
- Overview of Neuropathic pain, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on CNV-2197944 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for CNV-2197944 for the top six countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
Download Full Report with TOC: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/198425
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Neuropathic pain
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of CNV-2197944 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for CNV-2197944 from 2012-2022 in the top six countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK).
Office: United States
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
Toll Free: 866-997-4948