BUFFALO, NY—On Thursday, September 12 during dinner hours (5:00pm – 8:30pm), law enforcement officers and local officials will take their oath to “serve and protect” to a new level, trading in their handcuffs and badges for menus and serving trays. The event is part of Applebee’s “Law and Orders” fundraiser and will take place at various Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar locations throughout upstate New York.
Law enforcement from across New York State will join staff at the Applebee’s restaurants to greet customers, bus tables, and serve guests. In return, officers hope to collect tips from diners to benefit Special Olympics New York and the Law Enforcement Torch Run. ®
Participating Applebee’s restaurant locations include:
• Amherst: 1641 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Amherst, NY 14228
• Brewster: 115 Independent Way, Brewster, NY 10509
• Buffalo: 2656 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14216
• Dunkirk: 3908 Vineyard Drive, Dunkirk, NY 14048
• Elmira: 877 Country Rd 64, Elmira, NY 14903
• Geneseo: 4401 Genesee Valley Plaza, Geneseo, NY 14454
• Hamburg: 4405 Milestrip Road, Blasdell, NY 14219
• Hornell: 1006 State Route 36, Hornell, NY 14843
• Jamestown: 340 East Fairmount Avenue, Lakewood, NY 14750
• Kingston: 1181 Ulster Avenue, Kingston, NY 12401
• Lancaster: 4967 Transit Road, Depew, NY 14043
• Lockport: 5822 South Transit Road, Lockport, NY 14094
• Newburgh: 1205 Route 300, Newburgh, NY 12550
• Niagara Falls: 1608 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
• Olean: 3067 West State Street, Olean, NY 14760
• Painted Post: 3149 Silverback Lane, Painted Post, NY 14870
• Transit: 5107 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY 14221
• West Seneca: 1050 Union Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
The Torch Run® is a year-round, grassroots fundraising campaign by law enforcement agencies to benefit their local Special Olympics program. Each year, officers carry the “Flame of Hope” through the streets of their hometowns and countries and deliver it to their local, state and national Special Olympics games.
Special Olympics is an international, year-round program that provides people with intellectual disabilities continuing opportunities to develop fitness, demonstrate courage, and experience joy as they participate in the sharing of gifts and friendship with other athletes, their families and the community.
In 2012, Applebee’s raised more than $39,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics New York, and the LETR program raised more than $1 million statewide. Within the Law Enforcement Torch Run® more than $42 million was raised initiative-wide.
About T.L. Cannon Companies
T.L. Cannon Companies is the franchisee for Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar in Upstate NY and CT. It currently owns and operates 60 restaurant locations.