Platter menu offers generous portions of house-made cuisine as carryout options through the holidays and into the new year
KANSAS CITY, MO. (Dec. 17, 2014) – In the midst of the holiday season, Zócalo Mexican Cuisine & Tequileria launches its family-style platter menu featuring a variety of its popular appetizers, salads, main courses, and side dishes to accommodate parties of any size. Extending into the new year, the substantial carryout dishes are the perfect fit for any occasion, including staff luncheons and retreats, social get-togethers, family gatherings, or any other large-scale needs.
For Families: With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Zócalo’s platter menu offers large-scale carryout options for busy parents. All dishes are conveniently packaged and easy to transport, simply requiring reheating before serving at home.
For Country Club Plaza Businesses: Zócalo’s party platter menu offers a convenient answer to local businesses’ culinary needs. Located at the corner of 48th and Jefferson streets, Zócalo will offer delivery services to any Country Club Plaza business. With this option, dishes will arrive completely ready to serve with no reheating required.
Party Platter options are as follows:
- Chips and salsa – roasted tomatillo, smoked morita, raw tomatillo, traditional martajada
-Chunky mango salsa available upon request
- Guacamole and chips
- Albondigas – chorizo meatballs, chile-pork broth, queso fresco
- Bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
- Queso fundido – monterey jack, poblano, onion
-Choice of: traditional, mixed mushroom or chorizo
- Zócalo salad – mixed greens, pepitas, grape tomatoes, goat cheese & sherry-oregano vinaigrette
- Almendras salad – mixed greens, candied almonds, bleu cheese, cranberries, balsamic vinaigrette
- Cubano platter – black forest ham, pulled pork, swiss, arugula, tomato, spiced pickle, habanero mustard
- -Choice of two sides
- Enchilada platter – choice of: chicken divorciadas (red and green sauce), cheese, mole chorizo & short rib or seafood, assorted any way
-Regular (10 enchiladas) or large (20 enchiladas) orders available, choice of two sides
- Build your own taco bar – chicken, pork carnitas or barbacoa, assorted any way
- Empanadas platter – pork, spinach, carrots, jack cheese, poblano nage
-10 empanadas (serves 3-5), choice of two sides
-20 empanadas (serves 6-10), choice of three sides
- Red chile rice
- Borracho beans
- Raosted vegetables
- Habanero polenta
- Terrorized carrots
- Pepperjack mac & cheese
For more information on the party platter menu at Zócalo, please call (816) 756-5555. For updates, “like” Zócalo on Facebook at Facebook.com/ZocaloKC, and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @ZocaloKC.
About Zócalo Mexican Cuisine & Tequileria
Zócalo Mexican Cuisine & Tequileria opened in October of 2011 introducing Kansas City to fresh, contemporary Mexican cuisine. The Zócalo menu features salads, tacos, enchiladas, entrees, and desserts, focusing on fresh cuisine crafted with a combination of imported and local ingredients. Zócalo is home to Kansas City’s most extensive tequila and mezcal offerings, with over 85 to sample. Located at 620 West 48th street in Kansas City, Mo., Zócalo serves a full menu daily in addition to a brunch menu on the weekend and happy hour every weekday from 3:00p.m. – 7:00p.m. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, 11:00a.m. – 1:30 a.m. and Sunday 11:00a.m– 12:00a.m. For more information call (816) 756-5555 or visit www.zocalokc.com.