Now that Fall is officially here, it is time for colorful leaves, campfires, sending the kids off to school and many more moments that just beg to be captured on camera. No matter if you’re an amateur or an experienced photographer, we can help you capture your favorite memories in beautiful photographs that you can cherish for years to come. Here are three of our favorite photo shoots to capture this fall.
1. School Photos - Sending your kids off to school is a very bittersweet experience. However, one of our favorite going-back-to-school rituals is the first-day photo shoot. We love capturing the kids in their new outfits with a fun and creative way to mark the year they are starting. There are some easy-to-use and must-have camera accessories that turn any parent into a photographer with just a click. Check out our list below:
- Flekt Camera Attachment - A camera attachment that gives you professional lighting using your DSLR’s pop-up flash!
- Epiphanie Bags - Stylish yet convenient bags for parents to bring both their camera and other must-haves with them
- Extra Memory Cards - Keeping extra cards with you ensures you’ll never miss a photogenic moment or be forced to delete images
- Tripod and Shutter Release - Stand your camera on a tripod for clarity and for taking photos with the entire family
- Photo Editing - Use an online photo editor, such as PicMonkey, to make your photos the best they can be
2. Engagement/Wedding Photos - With all of the beautiful foliage in the trees and on the ground, Fall creates a picturesque atmosphere for couples to capture their love. Whether you decide to throw colorful leaves in the air or walk hand-in-hand, the fall makes an excellent setting for your photos. Plus, by using camera attachments, such as Flekt, you’ll be able to have high-quality photos of your special day for years to come. Flekt attaches to your DSLR camera’s hot-shoe and redirects the light from the pop-up flash 180° back into whichever attachment is on your system. Whether you choose the lambertian white for headshots, Flekt silver for high-contrast or Flekt gold to bring warmth to photos, Flekt takes your engagement or wedding photos to the next level. Check out some of our favorite sites for inspiration:
3. Holiday Cards - Fall means the holidays are right around the corner, so it is time to take your family pictures for holiday cards! If hiring a professional photographer is not feasible, there are a variety of options for creating high-quality holiday cards yourself. Here are some tips and tricks for creating your own:
- Use a tripod and shutter release to capture your photo
- Create your card using an online photography service, such as SmugMug or Shutterfly
- Only use photos from one photo shoot, not multiple, for a cleaner look
- Use the Flekt camera attachment to give your photos professional lighting at a fraction of the cost of expensive equipment
- Keep fonts and colors simple by sticking to 1-2 complementary fonts and colors
We wish everyone a very happy Fall! May it be full of flannel, pumpkin-flavored everything, colorful leaves and picturesque moments that you’ll cherish for years to come.