Gather with friends in Powell Gardens' open-air Missouri Barn for a casual dinner showcasing produce grown in the Heartland Harvest Garden—the nation's largest edible landscape. The 2016 Missouri Barn Dinner series includes seven multi-course dinners prepared by Greater Kansas City area chefs. Prepaid reservations of $100/person or $80/member of Powell Gardens are required.
The 2016 series includes:
- May 29: Laura and Tim Tuohy, owners of Kansas City Canning Co. (Tim Tuohy is also a chef at Tom's Town Distilling Co.)
- June 26: Martin Woods, executive chef with the PB&J Restaurant Group
- July 10: Rick Mullins and Mickey Priolo, chefs/partners with SOIL Collective (sold out)
- August 14: Joe West, executive chef/co-owner of Komatsu Ramen and Kusshi (sold out)
- September 11: Live-Fire Dinner with Craig Jones, Food Network's 2012 Grill Mayor and Owner of Savory Addictions Gourmet Nuts (sold out)
- September 25: John Smith, former executive chef at Pig & Finch and 801 Fish (Smith is opening a restaurant in 2016.)
- October 9 Boulevard Brewing Co. Beer Dinner: Calvin Davis, chef/partner with SOIL Collective and sous chef at Gram & Dun
Guests must be 21 or older. Please visit powellgardens.org/dinners for details. Call 816-697-2600 x209 to make prepaid reservations.