CAD-CAM providers look at how a shop handles the work-flow from the time a job comes to the time it finishes. Parts can be produced faster and is more affordable now than ever before in the past because of CNC software technology. G-Code software for CNC machine jobs has an important role in the success of a machine shops in both productivity and the quality of parts being produced.
G-Code language is used to control CNC machines and it’s one type of CNC programming that CNC programmers use, the other type is CAM programming. Most machine’s CNC controller probably executes g-code, although there are other possibilities– Mazak, Heidenhain and others have proprietary formats. Some machines with proprietary formats can also run G-code. It is the working language of CNC.
Advantages of CAD-CAM
- Manage design files easily and edit them on the fly as changes in design changes take place.
- More options a CAD system has, the more flexible the shop could be in offeringclient services.
- SolidWorks offer powerful simulation,tolerance analysis, design validation and even ECAD/MCAD collaboration features and many more.
- The CAM providers developed CAM plug-Ins for the design products. E.g. BobCAM for SolidWorks CAM that offers complete 2, 3, 4 and 5 Axis machining technology right inside of SolidWorks.
- There is a CAM software product that offers CAD importing and geometry editing features for wire-frame, solids and surface files and is critical for job shops as the shop has to be able to interprete CAD geometry and use it for applying CAM functionality 100% of the time.
CAM Programming & G-Code
CAM programming software is becoming more wizard driven in terms of how CNC programmers are able to work with machining technology in tool-path. A great addition to the world of CAM was the Dynamic Machining Strategies allowing an operator to apply any number of roughing and finishing toolpaths to a single CAD feature. Wizards remove the guesswork from programming CNC parts.
CAM Trees helps programmers manage jobs faster and easier and eliminate costly errors at the machine tool through powerful simulation capabilities.
A recent addition made affordable enough for a job shop was the BobCAD-CAM Machine Simulation Pro that provides the machines actual kinematics to simulate the real world machine inside the software. It often comes down to the small features that can make the difference such as override tool speeds, being able to save and load machining features and feed data within the CAM Tree. Its features are making CAD-CAM instantly economical for the shop now as well as available for their future growth into multiaxis CNC machining . A CAM system is not complete without a full post processing engine. Once the toolpath is produced and simulated for perfection, the software should allow the operator to choose the post processor for their CNC machine to generate the precise G-Code program to support the machine tool. There can be many variations of G-code. This post is specific for controller make and model.
If you are looking for CAE courses in Pune then our CAE institute would be of great advantage. We also offer 100% job placements. Our CAD/CAM Training Institute has its own name in the field of Mechanical courses.