global quantum dots display market overview
The research analyst predicts the global quantum dots display market to grow steadily at a CAGR of 76% during the forecast period. Quantum dots are semiconductor nanocrystals having dimensions less than 10nm. They are used in various applications such as healthcare, display, LED lighting, and solar cells. In display applications, quantum dots are used only to filter light from LEDs to backlight LCDs (liquid crystal displays). In 2015, the adoption of quantum dots was very low in display applications because of low quantum dot production. In 2020, The expects the penetration of quantum dots in display applications for smartphones and tablets will be much more significant to drive the quantum dots market.
Complete report available @http://www.sandlerresearch.org/global-quantum-dots-display-market-2016-2020.html
Market segmentation by application
- UHD TV
In 2015, majority of the revenue came from UHD TV applications followed by smartphone and tablet. The expects an increase in revenue contribution from UHD TV segment. UHD TVs are the early adopters of this technology and the amount of quantum dots required for UHD TVs is high compared to quantity required in smartphones and tablet display applications.
Geographical segmentation of the global quantum dots display market
Purchase report directly @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=48590
Single User License USD 2500
In 2015, APAC dominated the market with revenue share of 92%, followed by Americas, and EMEA. The expects the APAC region to witness huge demand for quantum dots for display applications as it is a hub of OEMs.
The emergence of Chinese UHD TV manufacturers such as Hisense, Tongfang, TCL, and Haier has propelled the production of quantum dot-based UHD TVs, resulting in an increased demand for quantum dots in the APAC region.
Vendor landscape of the global quantum dots display market
The global quantum dots display market is dominated by four key vendors including QD Vision, Quantum Materials, Nanoco, and Nanosys.
The vendors in this market are focusing to increase production capacity. They are investing in new processing technologies to produce quantum dots in large amounts, led by growing demand for quantum dots in consumer electronic applications. In 2015, Samsung Venture Investment invested in Nanosys to produce energy-efficient quantum-based displays. However, the capital-intensive nature of this industry makes it difficult for new vendors to enter the market.
Inquire for more information @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=48590
Key market driver
- Growing interest in cadmium-free quantum dots
Key market challenge
- High cost of production
Key market trend
- Joint venture and strategic partnership with OEMs
Inquire for Discount @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/discount?rname=48590
Key questions answered in the report
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global quantum dots display market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global quantum dots display market?
- What are the various opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global quantum dots display market?
- Growth forecast for the key segments of the global quantum dots display market
- Trending factors influencing the market shares for EMEA, APAC, and Americas
- Key outcome of the market analysis of the leading countries in the global quantum dots display market
- Key outcome of the five forces analysis on the global quantum dots display market
Sandlerresearch.org is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.