“The most exclusive wine school in the world.” James Halliday
September 9th 2014
The 12 successful applicants for the 14th Len Evans Tutorial, to be held in the Hunter Valley, 3-7th November, have been announced with an extraordinary caliber of scholars including wine and viticulture professionals at the top of their game.
Each year, the Len Evans Tutorial welcomes some of the most elite professionals in wine, vineyard, hospitality and sales from across Australia to develop their wine appreciation with the nation’s top wine experts over the week in the Hunter Valley.
Many of the greatest, rarest and oldest wines are opened, tasted and scrutinised in this one extraordinary week when 12 young(ish) leaders in their field are put to the sternest and most rewarding wine course of their lives.
2014 Len Evans Tutorial Scholars –
- Glenn Barry, Knappstein Wines - Winemaker
- Matt Brooke, Brooks of Melbourne - Head Sommelier
- Bree Boskov, Prince Wine Store - Wine Educator
- Will Byron, Stonier Wines/Onannon Wines - Winemaker
- Melanie Chester, Seppelt Great Western - Winemaker
- Scott Comyns, Pepper Tree Wines - Chief Winemaker
- Jeremy Dineen, Joseph Chromy Wines - Chief Winemaker
- Tristan Habeck, Whole Bunch Wines - Distributor
- Andrew La Nauze, Yalumba Wine Company - Winemaker
- Severine Logan, Watershed Premium Wine - Chief Winemaker
- Peter Marchant, le Petit Cochon - Wine/Hospitality Consultant
- Mary Retallack, Retallack Viticulture - Managing Director
The Tutorial program is designed to define the demands of wine show judging and to define quality by exposing the scholars to the great wine styles of the world. A team of five tutors will put the scholars through their paces in what James Halliday described as “the most exclusive wine school in the world.”
The tutors include: James Halliday, Ian McKenzie, Iain Riggs, Gary Steel and Tim James. Scholars from the past 12 Tutorials are now gracing the judging benches at all major wine shows across Australia.
For further details and a list of all past scholars please visit: www.lenevanstutorial.com.au
Iain Riggs is available for comment on 0408 685 069 or email@example.com.
This media release was prepared and distributed by Liquid Ideas
Brian Olson on 02 9667 4211 / firstname.lastname@example.org