Animal prints are invading the world of fashion right now, as they tend to do every few seasons. How do you become the queen of the jungle and hunt down the trendiest models? Spartoo is here to tell you! On the agenda this Spring: leopard print, zebra, snakeskin, all the classics are there to make your safari experience complete and keep you on top of the trends. To avoid any fashion faux pas, just have a look at Jessica Alba seen here with some really great leopard print mocassins. Get the look!
How to wear it:
An accessory with an animal print can go a long way, so you don’t want to overdo it. Here are a few tips to help you get the perfect look:
- Don’t: Animal prints should not be overlapped or mixed too much, especially on large pieces or with large patterns, unless you are going for an eccentric over the top fashion victim look.
- Don’t: If the main piece of your outfit is leopard print, such as a leopard print dress, don’t wear any other animal print pieces. Rather, choose accessories like boots, cardigans or a scarf that will tame that lion!
- Do: If your animal print items are not a main piece of clothing but rather accessories, such as belts, bags, shoes or jewelry, feel free to match one or two pieces.
- Do: Match your animal print with bold colours, such as deep green, orange, and pastels.
What to buy:
- Shoes: A few brands to watch right now that have some fabulous shoes in their new collection that play on the animal print trend are Clarks, Ravel, Pretty Ballerinas and Ash. These quality designer brands have a wide range of styles to meet your needs, so don’t miss the loafers from Clarks, flat shoes from Pretty Ballerinas, gorgeous high heel sandals from Ravel, and of course some rock n rebel sandals from Ash. There are many more to choose from of course, like trainers from Converse with a zebra or snakeskin pattern for example…
- Bags: Such an obvious choice for the animal print
accessory in your everyday wardrobe, a large tote bag or handbag with a
great pattern can take your outfit to a whole new level. This season we
have our eye on IKKS, David Jones, Furla, and Les P’Tites Bombes.. These great
designers have their finger on the pulse of the safari look for today.
- T-shirts: And the winner for the biggest animal print
trend of the season: large animal heads appearing on t-shirts and
sweatshirts everywhere! Even true fashionistas have given into this cool,
casual look. Generally a solid colour t-shirt with a black and white image
of a lion, tiger or zebra is what you are looking for. What a great way to
show you are fierce when you look great!
- Belts, jewelry and more: If you are going for a more minimalist look that still has a touch of mode du jour, go for a subtle accessory like a belt, earrings or necklace that embraces the animal print trend. A thin leopard or zebra belt, a statement necklace with tribal influences, or even earrings that have leopard print, feathers, wood, or other natural materials can give a plain everyday outfit a wild new perspective.
Spartoo.co.uk, founded in 2006, has quickly become the European leader in the sales of shoes online. Spartoo offers more than 800 brands of men’s shoes, women’s shoes and children’s shoes, such as Kickers, Geox, Converse, Adidas, and Birkenstock. More than 30,000 models are available, including flat shoes, boots, trainers, court shoes, ankle boots, sandals, and more. With an international presence, Spartoo.co.uk is one of the top ten e-commerce sites for fashion and one of the quickest growing companies in Europe.
Turnover 2012 : 150 million euros.
Turnover 2011 : 100 million euros.
Turnover 2010 : 50 million euros.
Turnover 2009 : 30 million euros.
Turnover 2008 : 15 million euros.
Turnover 2007 : 5 million euros.
Top 10 fastest growing companies in Europe (Mediamomentum. , 2012).
Employees : 200