4 Bedrooms ~ 6 Baths ~ 9,755 SQ FT ~ Pool, Bocce, Waterfall ~ $2,100,000 ~ MLS# 3715106
Master Design and Attention to Detail Deliver Stunning Luxury, Endless Entertaining Options and Comfortable Living Spaces in this Kirtland, Ohio Home
9820 Foxwood Trail is a custom-built, immaculate residence offering luxury living with every upgrade and feature imaginable. A horseshoe drive leads to a masterpiece of a home with extravagant landscaping and the utmost in privacy on a quiet corner on a wooded cul-de-sac street. The entire home is handicap accessible and offers flexible living arrangements for extended family and guests.
Click on the arrow below to view a virtual home tour:
A Grand, Inviting Entrance
The curved staircase in the front entry leads to a spacious great room with built-ins and dramatic arched entries. A large dining room and a main kitchen with granite and built in SS appliances (Sub-Zero and Wolf
) provide for intimate living and dining space for family members as well as ample room for invited guests. A raised patio off the great room overlooks the professionally landscaped back yard, pool and waterfall areas. A library/office with fireplace and wood panel ceiling is off the main foyer/front entry.
A hearth room adjacent to the main kitchen, featuring a fireplace and abundant windows, extends the footprint, look and feel of the kitchen. A second office/walk-in pantry, which is conveniently connected to the main kitchen, provides home owners with necessary space for household management activities. A butler's pantry/laundry room with dishwasher and oven is across the hallway of the main kitchen and is perfect for overflow entertaining and pet care.
A Well-Appointed Ground Floor Master Suite and Flexible Living Space on Second Floor
Also on the ground level is a well-appointed master suite featuring a fireplace, glamour bath and walk-in closet. A second suite along with two additional en-suite bedrooms and two finished bonus rooms/bedrooms are also on the upper level. All three levels are accessible by elevator.
Lower Level Could Serve as an In-Law Suite
A fantastic walk-out lower level with spacious bar, fireplace, media and game area, also has an exercise room that could serve as an in-law, nanny or guest suite. A powder room is adjacent to the bar and a full bath is situated right at the entrance to the pool deck, allowing for quick and mess-free bathroom access for swimmers. There is a kitchen with Sub-Zero refrigerator, dishwasher and drawer microwave in the bar area.
A 3-season heated sun porch, which is in between the bar/gaming area and the pool deck, allows for easy access to the hot tub and yard/pool area. The back yard entertaining area provides space and amenities for endless fun with a professional grade bocce ball court, basketball court, in-ground heated pool, pond, two waterfalls and a pool house with full kitchen.
They Thought of Everything...
The entire house is handicap accessible via the elevator and beautifully designed walkways and ramps. The home is equipped with a generator, three heating/cooling zones, two hot water tanks. The 4.5 car garage is heated.
The home offers beautiful outdoor views, ample storage and flexible entertaining options indoor and out. The property is close to shopping, restaurants, and major highways, with the privacy and tranquility of a country estate.
Exquisite molding and detail in every room, professional landscaping and smart mechanical systems throughout the property make this home both stunning and surprisingly low maintenance.
A Dream Come True for Entertainers
At 9,577 square feet (this figure includes the entire lower level), this home is a dream come true for entertainers. The home can comfortably hold and service 200 guests, while maintaining an intimate, cozy and comfortable ambiance for everyday living.
The home boasts four kitchens: two on the ground-floor level, one in the lower level bar area and one in the pool house.
This home is listed at $2.4 million. To view property specifications or to obtain real estate transaction information, please visit the property's listing page by clicking on the following link:
Below is a comprehensive list of upgrades and features found at 9820 Foxwood Trail, Krtland, OH 44094
• Handicap accessible: 4’ hallways, room entries, 3 ½ stop elevator, two counter level dish cabinets, paver ramp to exit lower level to outdoor patio. Master suite shower.
• Black aluminum decorative fencing with locks at four gates
• Decorative custom-designed exotic wood cabinetry
• Exterior accent lighting (LED bulbs use energy of a 7-watt nightlight and have life expectancy of 25,000 hours)
• All gutters on house and cabana have aluminum mesh screen covers to prevent leaves/debris
• Five full baths, two powder rooms
• Five fireplaces
• All mounted TVs remain
• Exterior of home is real natural stone with brick accents around the windows. Textured shake shingles used on weight-bearing areas (raised patio). No wear or color fading on shingles.
• Two large bonus rooms with possibility of turning into bedrooms/playroom etc.
• Lower Level exercise room could serve as an in-law level with separate entrance, full bathroom and kitchen
• Faux painter and home automation services used in home can be reached for questions if necessary
• Adjustable blinds between windows, roll down screens. Clean look/maintenance free
• Switched outlets
• Doorbells ring to phone system (speaker to talk) (3)
• Drive alert: heard indoors and outside by pool
• Home Automation Keypads/Alarm System:Four keypads; one on upper level, one on lower level and two on main floor (master bedroom and across from kitchen). Turn lights on/off, landscaping, house and coach lights, vacation mode, party mode lighting. Automation can also be monitored from phone/computer.
• Security: American Security in Painesville, Ohio
• Door breach, glass break, motion detectors, water bugs, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are hard-wired to alarm system.
• If land lines are down, system automatically reverts to a designated cell phone
• Central Vacuum system – three levels each with own equipment
• Generator: cycles 12 minutes once a week to maintain lubrication and parts movement. Honda engine runs on natural gas. Generator checked and oil changed once a year. When the temperature goes below 32 there is a heating pad that will automatically turn on to keep the motor/battery warm. Serviced by Shepp Electric Co.Inc.
• Elevator has 3 ½ stops. Serviced once a year (Gable)
• Two XM sources with lifetime subscription with no additional monthly costs (one time lifetime fee paid in full)
• All-home music system accessed by keypad is in all rooms as well as upper/lower patios and bocce court.
• (Two XM sources, I-‐pod, AM/FM, CD changer, cable) Cameras: Front door, outside garage area, basketball & bocce area and back patio/pool area. Can be viewed on any TV.
• Attic fan auto cycles through home automation
• Concrete under all pavers
• All fireplace mantels have outlets.
• Enhanced cell phone signal booster.
• Bathrooms: raised rectangular commodes with slow close seat and lid. Raised countertops. Soap pumps.
• Custom arched room entries
• Soft closing drawers
• Custom Transoms; Pillars, crown molding, wainscoting.
• Upper and main level hallways have auto sensor for dimmed safety lights to come on during the night when motion detected.
• 4 car+ heated with finished walls and ceiling.
• TV remains
• Floor; DuPont product (sealed concrete then clear adhesive, spread plastic chips, then clear coat sealant with traction adhesion to prevent slips). No concrete dust issues, cleans easily including car fluids, oils, paint. Floor is angled to allow snow/rain drainage to center drain under each carport
• Hose bib with hot/cold water. Counter/sink
• Middle storage area has refrigerator, central vac system drum is hidden.
• Upper storage area (good for pool cover storage)
• Wood workbench and wall tool organizer
• Three air conditioning units (one for each floor)
• Extra wide (+2’) front drive (asphalt) with ample extra parking by side of garage as well in basketball court. Driveway designed so water flows away from the house.
• Professional grade bocce court is lighted with music. 24” of drainage stones. Playable after rain in one to four hours depending on amount of rain. Mature court (8 years) with regulation Cedarville sand and 6” base. Coach lighting, two rock speakers, stone wall seating.
• Sprinkler system: lawn, beds and waterfalls on automation (Checked yearly by Blake’s Landscaping)
• Half court basketball court is lighted with music. Provides for additional parking and depositing of snow.
• Septic system has preventative maintenance bi-annually (Mack Industries, Inc.)
• Back patio area: drop setting is ideal for parties and privacy. Plenty of room for tables accommodating large parties.
• LocTite trademark retaining walls
• Pavers: lighted walkway up to garage.
• Two speakers in pool area
• Pool: heated vinyl lined 20 x 40 pool going from 3’ to 5’. Rope lighting around perimeter and changing color headlamp.
• Pool House/Cabana: Pleasant overhang of 180 sq.ft. with 14’ granite walk up counter. Sliding doors with screens. Kitchen set up; dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, large sink, plenty of counter and storage space. Other half of cabana stores the pool equipment (no noise by pool) as well as pool toys and lounge chairs. Natural gas hook up, outside of cabana.
• Hot Tub: seats six. Excellent jets with powerful foot jet, water feature and lighting. Rock speaker. Volume control is accessible from tub. Channel control is in sun porch.
• Fire pit with 24” of drainage stones. Never needs cleanup. Stone wall seating.
• Lighted waterfall on side of home by fire pit
• Back Pond -‐ Waterfall/Pond Paver patio
• Plenty of space for patio furniture.
• Recycling pump for waterfall (on timer). Stones are from property during excavation. Water was tested and determined to be safe to swim. Test came in at 15 PPM (a reading of 200 parts per million for bacteria or pollutants is considered unsafe to swim) (cleaner than Headlands or Lake Erie).
• Wood chip path through woods with a stone crossing at dry creek bed.
• Tray ceiling with recessed mood lighting
• Key pad
• Marble surrounded electric fireplace (TV monitor/volume control, heater, crackling sound), outlets on mantle.
• Walk in closet with ceramic floor. Pocket door allows for quiet entry. Plenty of hanging space, shelving with doors, shoe/purse cubbies, locked jewelry cabinet and 2 locked drawers.
Glamour Bath off Master Suite:
• Black marble heated floor
• Spacious white marble shower with steam control, bench seat, body jets, rain can, hand held feature. Fog-‐free shaving mirror
• Hydro Air tub (can use oils) with lighting
• Dual counters/sinks, vanity area; Pocket door in commode area; Faux painting on wall; Crystal chandelier
• Solid maple cabinetry; Ceramic tile; Corian sinks
• Two large granite counter height islands with Ogee style edging
• Prep sink with hot water tap
• Bench seat at end of counter
• Built in hutch with lighted glass cupboards and storage below
• Separate Sub-Zero
refrigerator and freezer (built in)
• Two pantries at each end. Deep storage full length above Sub Zero area.
• Commercial size Wolf oven with convection cooking. 6-‐burner range top. Commercial grade exhaust.
• Two air switch disposals
• Dual garbage/recycle cans
• Custom cabinetry is 3” deeper and all drawers are at least 4” high.
• Soft close drawers
• Two pocket door areas with outlets for coffee maker, toaster etc.
• Stow away cabinet for stand mixer
• Microwave drawer; Warming drawer
Hearth Room: Dry stack-‐wall switched gas fireplace with mantle outlets. TV behind ArtScreen. Nice gathering area to play cards or entertain while cooking in kitchen.
Library: Hidden office, locking drawers. Floor outlets. Custom transom. French doors. Custom wood ceiling. Exterior stone brought into fireplace that is gas or wood burning.
Foyer: spacious 2 coat closets, curved staircase, wench for chandelier. Recessed, lighted accent area on staircase.
Great Room: Modified cathedral ceiling, Juliet balcony. 2 built in/lighted hutches with German crackle glass. Gas fireplace with wall switch and mantel outlets. Hidden Aquos TV behind mirror. Travertine surrounds fireplace and main hallway. Hardwood floors.
Dining Room: 3,4,and 5” width hard wood floor. Special lighting. Holds large round table of 10-‐12 or rectangular table. Faux cheesecloth wall treatment.
Laundry / Butler Kitchen: Storage, sink/disposal, soap pump, dishwasher, electric oven, Bosch front loader washer/dryer. Pull out rack above washer for hanging laundry.
Mud Room/Hall Closet: Coat and utility closet with drawers.
Powder Room: Real stone carved sink, faux wall treatment, hot and cold water fixtures out of wall.
Raised Patio: Natural Gas Hook--up. Electricity. Water. Music. Rope Lighting.
Second Office / Walk in Pantry (off kitchen): Granite counter tops with hide away area for laptop and printer. Plenty of pantry storage area as well as office storage. Dog/cat food dishes are removable.
Second Suite: Vaulted ceiling. Cable ready. Walk in closet and bathroom have auto on/off lighting. Built in desk and bookcases. Walk in closet has built-in dresser and plenty of shoe/purse cubbies. Bench seating overlooking back yard with storage underneath. Hydro Air tub. Shower with body jets, rain can, hand held. Vanity, Zodiac counter top.
Front Bedroom (purple): Carpeted. Vaulted ceiling. Dual closets with two built in dressers. Cable. Full bathroom with hall access for future bonus room bedrooms – granite counter top
Back Bedroom (yellow): Carpeted. Full bathroom – Granite counter top. Walk in closet with built in dresser. Cable.
Bonus Room 1: (additional bedroom/craft room/play room) Carpeted. Zodiac counter top. Custom cabinetry surrounds TV (cable) and lines the windows with storage, two desks or craft spaces.
Bonus Room 2: (additional bedroom, private TV or game room-‐refrigerator in attic) Carpeted, cable, 2 air exhausts would eliminate smoke; (note: owners have never smoked in home.)
Attic: Spacious with Vac hose storage and refrigerator.
LOWER LEVEL: Pool Access
Full Bath: Close access to pool. Shower with private commode/sink area. Two retractable clothes lines in shower.
Hallway: Full wall of closed storage right off pool area.
Exercise Room: (possible in-law level) Carpeted. Nice view of outdoors. Mirrored wall.
Separate room adjacent to exercise room: Commercial grade stand-up tanning booth. Bulbs have 600 hours life expectancy (used approximately 50 hours).
Powder Room: By bar end. Zodiac counter.
Sun Porch: Heated 3-season room with ceramic tile flooring. Access from lower level media area or from outdoors. Cedar, white-washed walls. Quick/close access to hot tub outside.
Bar & Gaming Areas:
• Built in cabinetry; 70” TV with 160 viewing area.
• Slate surrounds the switched-gas fireplace, high tops, front of bar, bar back splash and inset in powder room.
• Two high-top tables with seating
• Curved 14’ bar located at end of room with open access at each end. Custom wood bar ceiling with same curve as bar. Plenty of storage.
• Built-in lighted cabinetry.
• Cabinetry hidden Sub-Zero refrigerator
• Drawer microwave
• Fresh ice replacing ice maker
• TV above bar remains
• Corner-mounted TV with gaming wall hook-up (PS3 Xbox)
• Insta-hot hook up (needs tank)
• Shampoo sink
• Three furnaces with humidifiers and Hepa filtration (one for each floor). Furnace and A/C rarely have to run on the lower level.
• Two 75 gallon water tanks. Plastic instead of copper water lines, vacuum equipment storage
About Karen Eagle:
Voice Mail: (216) 831-9310
Mobile: (440) 773-6187
Fax: (216) 831-4982
Howard Hanna, Pepper Pike Office
3550 Lander Center
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
A longtime Chagrin Valley resident, Karen enhances her real estate expertise with a unique understanding of the art of outstanding client service – a quality she has developed over years of experience in diverse fields, which include successful tenures in sales, marketing, business ownership, and volunteerism. She is an expert when it comes to Chagrin Falls, Gates Mills area and all it has to offer, from schools and lifestyle to neighborhoods and homes.
An effective communicator and incredibly organized realtor, Karen pays close attention to detail making her transactions as efficient as they are rewarding. Karen possesses a unique ability to advise how to quickly stage a home while effectively creating optimal exposure for her listings. She goes the extra mile and uses her natural talents to make every sale and purchase a positive experience.
Thinking about selling your home? Karen will create a strategic marketing plan that exposes your home to the greatest number of qualified buyers. Using internet (Howard Hanna.com, Zillow.com, Realtor.com, Facebook, and Pinterest) and print media, a unique property URL for each listing, a Broker's open house, staging, TV Showcase of Homes, and her marketing and publishing savvy, Karen brings in potential buyers fast! She is fortunate to be part of a great team of 4700 professionals who make it easy to bring buyers and sellers together.