December 30, 2014 - (Breckenridge, Colo.) - Organizers of the Breck Epic MTB Stage Race are pleased to name Breckenridge’s Beaver Run Resort as the event's official lodging partner and host property. The new partnership signals a change in venue for the 7th annual 6-day mountain bike event, slated this year for August 9-14. The Epic leaves its longstanding headquarters at the Steven C. West Ice Arena behind to transition to a consolidated venue at Beaver Run which borders vast tracts of open space while still enjoying a central location with downtown Breckenridge just a 3 minute walk from the property.
“The quality of our course at the top of the list of elements that make the Epic unique, but our centralized cloverleaf format is a close second,” offers Epic race director Mike McCormack, “Epic riders get to focus on riding the best trail system in the Rocky Mountain region without worrying about transfers or travel logistics.”
“The move to Beaver Run amplifies that distinctive element of our event,” continues McCormack, “They provide enhanced lodging and dining opportunities for our race community and an incredible base of operations for riders traveling with families.”
“The entire staff here at Beaver Run Resort is excited to partner with Breck Epic and to offer its racers and supporters a variety of lodging options,” states Beaver Run Resort Sales and Marketing Director Bruce Horii, “We feel that our amenities, including centralized meeting locations, on-site dining options and a full service spa will enhance the Breckenridge experience for the Epic’s dedicated athletes and their supporters.”
“Additionally, our location right at the base of Peak 9 of the Breckenridge Ski Area provides easy access to both trails and town,” continues Horii, “This makes us an ideal base of operations for competitors as well as anyone wishing to explore all that Breckenridge has to offer.”
Following the theme of fostering a heightened sense of community is the consolidation of all ancillary race activities; nightly rider meetings will utilize the resort’s spacious outdoor event tent while all meals plans and banquets will take place in Beaver Run’s generous convention and restaurant facilities.
Event attendees are encouraged to visit BreckEpic.com to access Beaver Run’s Breck Epic mini-site and a full listing of lodging offers and resort amenities.
BEAVER RUN RESORT BRECK EPIC OFFERINGS
- Significant discounts on hotel rooms room and suites for all racers and their supporters and families.
- Offerings ranging between hotel rooms, studios and 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites each equipped with refrigeration and cooking capability.
- All units within easy access of the race event tent, aid bag drop-off and nightly racer meetings.
- Lighted, heated, elevated event tent with flooring for nightly meetings.
- Resort amenities include two pools, 7 public hot tubs, an arcade area, indoor putt-putt course, business center and a well stocked mini-market on site.
- Several dining options on-site allowing racers to either cook OR dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Located within a short walking distance to town, yet bordering public lands with easy trail access along with incredible views.
- An on-site spa to manage all massage and treatment needs. Race attendees mentioning Breck Epic receive a 20% discount on all services.
- Outdoor fire-pits for socializing and s’mores construction.
- A fully appointed media room with blazing high speed access for our digital team, journalists and media partners.
- Free shuttles to town.
- Limited RV camping allowed.