JDI’s Strategy and Action Plan for Smartphone Panels, and Its Development in China is the latest addition to Sandlerresearch.org industry research reports collection. (Single User License of the report is Available at US $2000)
Since 2013, the global smartphone market’s major growth momentum has been moved to low-cost models, which have led to the rise of Chinese brands. Established in 2012, JDI (Japan Display Inc.) is a government-funded joint venture that integrates three major small and medium area display makers, namely Toshiba Mobile Display, Hitachi Displays and Sony Mobile Display. Despite the rapid catching-up of Chinese panel makers, JDI remains the largest LTPS (Low Temperature Poly Silicon) panel maker. This report outlines established players’ development in the global smartphone and smartphone panel markets and examines the pros and cons for JDI when making a push into the Chinese low-cost smartphone market.
List of Topics
- Overview of the development of global smartphone market, including market volume forecast by region, market share by branded vendor and by price point
- Overview of the development of global smartphone panel market, including shipment volume forecast until 2015 and market share by branded vendor; also provided are major changes observed in the market
- Highlight of major makers’ smartphone panel shipment share by display technology including a-Si, LTPS, and AMOLED and also provided are Chinese and Taiwanese leading panel makers’ latest generation development roadmap and anticipated monthly production capacity
- Strategic deployment of Japan Display, touching on what Japan Display has done in partnering with Chinese smartphone brands and the results of those actions.
Order a copy of this report at (Prices start at US $2000 for a single user PDF) http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=27851 .
Apple, AUO, BlackBerry, BOE, Century, China Star, CMI, CPT, Foxconn Tianyi, Hannstar, Hitachi Displays, Huawei, Innolux, JDI, Lenovo, LGD, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Sony Mobile Display, TDI, Tianma, Toshiba Mobile Display, Truly, ZTE
Table of Contents
1. Development of the Global Smartphone Market
1.1 Chinese Brands Outshine Established Players
2. Development of the Global Smartphone Panel Market
2.1 Market Volume Keeps Expanding
2.2 Competition Now Focusing on PPI after Upsizing Race Ceases
2.3 Panel Makers in Major Reshuffle
2.4 Production Capacity Key for Success in High Resolution Panel War
3. Strategic Deployment of Japan Display
3.1 Japanese Small and Medium Panel Industry Reconstructed with Government Intervention
3.2 High Technical Barriers as Source of Competitive Advantage
4. Action Plans of Japan Display
4.1 Broad Customer Portfolio Increases Chance of Partnering with Chinese Brands
4.2 Lowering Costs Key Factor to Make High-end Low-cost Phones Competitive
List of Tables
Table 1 Leading Panel Makers' Latest LTPS Line Development Plans
List of Figures
Figure 1 Worldwide Smartphone Market Volume by Region, 2011 - 2015
Figure 2 Global Smartphone Market Share by Branded Vendor, 2011 - 1H 2014
Figure 3 Global Smartphone Market Share by Price Point, 2011 - 2015
Figure 4 Worldwide Smartphone Panel Shipment Volume, 2011 - 2015
Figure 5 Smartphone Panel PPI versus Screen Size Development, 2012 - 2014
Figure 6 Worldwide Smartphone Panel Market Share by Branded Vendor, 2011 - 2013
Figure 7 Worldwide Small and Medium Panel Makers' Shipment Area by Display Technology, 2013
Figure 8 Major Makers' Smartphone Panel Shipment Share by Display Technology, 2013
Figure 9 JDI's Core Competence Analysis
Figure 10 Division of Work between JDI and TDI
Figure 11 Development of PPIs versus Screen Sizes
Have any Query on the Report get your Queries Resolved at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=27851 .
Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.