The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best advertising Websites in the world as part of their 18th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development. The WebAward Competition is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including advertising, design and marketing web sites, based on the seven criteria of a successful Web site. The deadline for advertising web sites to enter to be judged is May 30, 2014.“The advertising industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts,” said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. “Advertising websites need to balance their wish to show off creativity and capability via their webs design with the equally important need to inform prospects.” Increasingly awards have been added to new business pitches to demonstrate third party validation of skills and to increase creative credibility to prospective clients.
Web sites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. Each WebAward entry in the advertising category is judged against other advertising entries in its industry category and then against an overall standard of excellence.
All advertising entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific scores compared against the average scores for their industry. They also may receive specific comments from the WebAward’s professional judging panel on their Web site development efforts.
Winners of a WebAward in the advertising and marketing categories will also receive:
- Handsome statue or certificate of achievement
- Increased visibility for their company
- Marketing opportunity to promote the company website to the media
- Links to your site from the highly ranked WebAward site to help SEO
- A highlight for your resume.
- Admiration of peers, friends and co-workers
Each year the Web Marketing Association names the Best Advertising Website based on the scores submitted by the competition judges.
Recent winners of the Best Advertising Web Site include:
- 2013 – LIQWID for LIQWID
- 2012 - Venables Bell & Partners forSlim Jim's Center for Spice Loss
- 2011 - Corey McPherson Nash for Corey McPherson Nash Website
- 2010 – Metia for Mass Effect 2 Silverlight Campaign
- 2009 – Red Square Agency for the Red Square Agency Website
- 2008 - Sharpe Partners for the Burns Group Website.
- 2007 - SpotRunner for SpotRunner Website
- 2006 - SpotRunner for SpotRunner Website
- 2005 - Young & Rubicam Brands/Wunderman, Detroit for Meet the Lucky Ones
- 2004 - Hanon McKendry/The Brand Consultants for Lake Effect Website
- 2004 – Oasis for Toyota Scion
- 2003 – Google for Google AdWords
- 2002 – Fusebox, Inc for JCDecaux Airport US
Recent winners of the Best Design Web site include:
- 2013 – SapientNitro for Palms.com Redesign
- 2012 – Valtech for Normann Copenhagen
- 2011 – Activeark for Marimekko.com
- 2010 – H2O Associates for Tom Hoch Design Web site
- 2009 – Tribal DDB Worldwide for Warehouse 13
- 2008 - Azavar Technologies for Justyna Collections Catalog
- 2007 - Walt Disney Internet Group for Disney.com / Disney XD
- 2006 - Publicis Net for Experience Wonder You
- 2005 - R/GA for Nokia Nseries Sitelet
- 2004 - Gigapixel Creative for Gigapixel Creative, Inc.
- 2003 - Arnold Worldwide for The Touareg
- 2002 - PriceWeber, Inc. for Canadian Mist web site
Recent winners of the Best Marketing Web site include:
- 2013 – WebbMason for Rebranding for Interactive Success: WebbMason
- 2012 – UrbanDaddy forUrbanDaddy + Herradura Mixology Battle Royale (which also won Best of Show 2012)
- 2011 – IQ for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- 2010 – Physicians Interactive for Physicians Interactive Corporate Website
- 2009 – Arc Worldwide for Leo Burnett’s Big Black Pencil Goes Global
- 2008 TYS Creative for Ensemble HD Home Cinema System by Epson
- 2007 Hanson Dodge Lime for Product Launch
- 2006 Rare Method for Silvertip Resort
- 2005 Nurun | Ant Farm for Nurun | Ant Farm Interactive Website Interactive
- 2004 Vérité, Inc. for Symantec Client Security 2.0 Channel Launch Kit
- 2003 Zugara for The Getaway
- 2002 Disc Marketing, Inc. for Disc Marketing Corporate Website
Advertising related Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2013 Best Advertising Website and other related WebAwards at the WebAward Website.
Participants can improve their chances on winning a WebAward by visiting the Web Marketing Association Facebook Page and becoming a fan of the page. The Web Marketing Association will be providing hints and tips on how to improve your chances on winning a top award though out the award program entry period.
The 2014 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: Burst Media, EContent Magazine, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.