Kansas City’s newest seafood restaurant and expert will be open regular hours on Thanksgiving for a stone crab celebration and all-night happy hour
Kansas City, Mo. (November 11, 2014) –To celebrate its first Kansas City Thanksgiving and the 85th Annual Country Club Plaza Lighting Ceremony, Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar will feature its inaugural Thanksgiving Stone Crab Celebration and all-night happy hour. Jax will open for regular hours, 4 – 10 p.m., on Thanksgiving and will feature its full menu and debut a trio of handcrafted holiday cocktails, in addition to the stone crab celebration and all-night happy hour.
The highlight on the menu will be the Stone Crab Claws with lemon, Jax mustard sauce, whipped parsnips, red cabbage slaw and a parker house roll, created by Jax Chef Bobby Bowman especially for the restaurants’ Thanksgiving diners so they can experience stone crab during peak harvest season. Sourced from freshwater areas off the coasts of Florida, stone crabs are harvested beginning in late October. The sustainable, sweet-tasting crab will be offered at Jax beginning on Thanksgiving Day and will be available through stone crab season, which typically ends early to mid-spring.
Stone crabs are known for their mouth-watering claws, which is the only part of the crab that is removed. Once the claw meat is removed, stone crabs are returned to the water where they regenerate new claws within 18 months. This unique harvesting method helps ensure the long-term sustainability of the stone crab population.
Jax will also offer happy hour for the entire night throughout the full restaurant on Thanksgiving. Jax currently offers its all-night happy hour every Monday and will offer it on Thanksgiving, as well.
All-Night Happy Hour (throughout the full restaurant)
Happy hour food specials:
- Fried Calamari: mango-chile mojo, lime aioli - $7
- Fruit de Mer: squid, shrimp, green lip mussels, octopus, Castelvatrano olives – $6
- Oysters: select oysters flown in daily from the east coast – $1.25 each
- Peel N’ Eat Shrimp: Jax mustard sauce, cocktail sauce – $6.00
- Griddled Fish Cake Dynamite: Sriracha mayo – $5.00
- Chicken & Crawfish Gumbo: Andouille, crawfish, chicken, long-grain rice – $4.00
- The Wedge: iceberg lettuce, bacon, tomato, bleu cheese, ranch dressing – $5.00
- Gumbo Fries: French fries, gumbo, cheddar – $5.00
- Roasted Peanuts: Old Bay, fried garlic, hot chiles – $5.00
- Steamed Mussels: roasted tomato, chorizo OR panang curry, peanuts, coconut milk – $6.00
- Tuna Melt: shaved onion, piquillo tapenade, cheddar – $7.00
Happy hour drink specials:
- Cucumber Lemon Press: cucumber infused vodka, lemonade, soda – $4.00
- Jax Strawberry Lemonade: strawberry infused vodka, lemonade – $4.00
- Affirmed: cherry infused bourbon, cinnamon syrup, ginger ale, lemon – $5.00
- Bangkok Fizz: Thai chile infused vodka, pineapple syrup, lime, ginger beer – $5.00
- Infusion martinis: $7.00 each
- Well cocktails: $5.00 each
- All beer drafts: $1.00 off
- Stemmari Pinot Grigio: $5.00 (tap), $17.00 (carafe)
- Chevalier De Dynois Pinot Noir: $6.00 (glass)
In addition to the Stone Crab Claws and all-night happy hour, Jax will debut a trio of handcrafted holiday cocktails created by Lead Bartender Kenny Cohrs. The cocktails will be available through the holiday season.
- The Escape Plan – aged rum, Allspice dram, applejack, amaro
- Winter Solstice – vodka, raspberry honey shrub, dry curacao, Big O ginger
- Westport Fix – J. Rieger KC Whiskey, Jax Roasterie coffee, Demerara syrup, creamed top
Reservations are encouraged for Thanksgiving and can be made by calling Jax at (816) 437-7940. Free underground parking is available in the Hotel Sorella and Polsinelli parking garage with validation.
About Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar
A Big Red F Restaurant Group restaurant, Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar brings the coasts to the coastless, serving up the finest and freshest the ocean has to offer since 1994. Sourcing dock-to-door, Culinary Director Sheila Lucero has built long-standing relationships with coastal fisherman to ship the highest quality seafood available daily, incorporating fresh ingredients into an innovative sea-to-table menu. Consistently voted to the “Best of” awards, Jax Fish House has four locations in Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, and Glendale, each boasting unique menus. A fifth location in Kansas City opened on October 6, 2014. For more information, please visit www.jaxfishhouse.com.