El Sistema at Salzburg Festival; Simon Rattle National Children´s Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela; White Hands Choir Venezuela; Mahler; Gershwin; Bernstein; Strauss; Ginastera; Mozart; Oiazolla; Rutter; Freites; Palma; Rattle; Parra; National Children´s Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela; White Hands Choir Venezuela; García; Chinchilla; C Major 716908; 1 DVD
· The invitation of the National Children´s Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela and the White Hands Choir to the Salzburg Festival 2013 shows their reputation, musical and educational quality.
· “When I first conducted the Infantil Orchestra in Caracas, I could not believe that children (age 9-14) could not only play all the notes but also make such wonderful music.” –Sir Simon Rattle on El Sistema, the internationally famous Venezuelan phenomenon
· The second half of the program features the White Hands Choir, founded in 1995 in an effort to integrate people with handicaps into society more fully through music. The unusual ensemble is divided into two groups: children with movement, visual and cognitive disorders form the actual chorus. Their singing is transformed by the other group, children with impaired hearing, mute or deaf-mute children, into an expressive choreography of flowing hand movements, their hands clad in white or colored gloves. The program features Latin-American folk songs and Piazzolla arrangements as well as choral works by Mozart and Rutter.
Orchestral Works, Volume 4; Edward Gregson; Boustany; Watkins; BBC Philharmonic; Bramwell Tovey; CHANDOS CHAN 10822; 1 CD
· Edward Gregson (b. 1945), one of Britain’s most versatile and prolific composers, gained worldwide recognition for his approachable and engaging music.
· With the BBC Philharmonic, Bramwell Tovey conducts orchestral works, including two recently arranged for ensemble in the Horn Concerto and Aztec Dances that take inspiration from an array of musical and extra-musical sources, revealing the breadth of Gregson’s musical imagination.
· This summer Tovey will lead conducting seminars sponsored by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra School of Music.
In addition to being an award-winning classical label, Naxos of America is the #1 independent classical music distributor in the U.S. and Canada. Specializing in state-of-the-art distribution, marketing and promotion, Naxos of America distributes nearly 50,000 titles on CD and DVD to traditional brick and mortar retail, as well as offering a comprehensive suite of services tailored to consumer direct fulfillment. Naxos of America is also the largest digital distributor of independent classical music, supplying a catalog of over 50,000 albums to hundreds of digital download and mobile outlets worldwide. Naxos of America offers marketing, e-marketing, publicity, e-publicity, physical and digital e-commerce services, licensing opportunities, streaming services, sales and customer service for all new releases and active catalog titles of Naxos Records and more than 400 distributed labels.