Sandlerresearch.org adds Global Formic Acid Market 2015-2019 report to its store.
Formic acid is a carboxylic acid that is used as a chemical intermediate in various end-use applications. It is a colourless liquid formed by the reaction of sulphuric acid with sodium formate. Formic acid is commercially available in concentrations of 78%, 80%, 85%, 94% and 99%, of which the one with 85% concentration is the most widely sought. The acid is also produced as a by-product during the manufacture of acetic acid.
Agriculture, leather, rubber, chemicals and pharmaceutical industries are the major end-users of the acid, with the chemical being evaluated for new applications by other end-use industries.
The analysts forecast global formic acid market to grow at a CAGR of 5.63% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global formic acid market for the period 2015-2019. The report also provides data on the following segments of the market:
- End-users (agriculture, leather, rubber, chemical & pharmaceutical, textile, and other industries)
- Geography (APAC, EMEA, North America, and ROW)
- Production process (methyl formate technology, acetic acid production, hydrogenation of carbon dioxide, oxidation of biomass, and bio-synthesis)
The report, Global Formic Acid Market 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from various industry experts. The report includes a comprehensive discussion on the market, and an extensive coverage on various applications, geography, and production processes. The report provides comments on both the existing market landscape and the growth prospects in the coming years. The report further includes a discussion on the key vendors operating in this market and uses Herfindahl Index to map the intensity of competition in various markets across the world.
- Feicheng Acid Chemicals
- Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers
- Helm Italia
Other Prominent Vendors
- Rashtriya Chemical
- Shahid Rasouli Petrochemical
- Shandong Baoyuan Chemical
- Shanxi Yuanping
- Increased Use as a Preservative and Anti-bacterial Agent in Livestock Feed
- Technological Limitations in New Applications
- Consolidation in Industry Driven by Focus’ Strategy
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the various end-uses and potential applications for the product?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space and what is the nature of competition between them?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?