Osteoporosis Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2022 - Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence, Growing Awareness and Expected Launch of Anabolic Therapies is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Osteoporosis, the most common metabolic bone disease, is characterized by low bone mass, microarchitectural deterioration of bone tissue, and a consequent increase in fracture risk. Osteoporosis is generally known as an asymptomatic disease, as there are no visible signs until a fracture occur. In most of the cases, fracture is the clinical outcome associated with osteoporosis, and it has a complex pathogenesis that involves trauma to the bone and increased skeletal fragility. Osteoporosis is a major global public health problem, associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and socioeconomic burden. An aging global population will result in an increased number of people living with the condition, thereby acting as a driver for revenue growth.
To view the table of contents and know more details please visit Osteoporosis Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2022
The osteoporosis market is undergoing a gradual transition from a focus on antiresorptive therapies to anabolic medicine treatment. The market is set to be driven by recently launched products, and the approval of medicines that will supplement current market leaders and offer greater therapeutic options. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including bisphosphonates, SERMs, RANKL inhibitors, a dual-action non-bisphosphonate (strontium ranelate), calcitonins and PTH analogues. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve bone formation, as well as effective antiresorptive therapies that offer increased compliance with few side effects.
The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
- Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
- How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
- Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies.
- Visualize the composition of the osteoporosis market in terms of dominant therapies, with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
- Analyze the osteoporosis pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research