In Europe and in Germany in particular, residents partake of doctor prescribed “kurs,” or cures. Once a kur has been approved, patients go to a “kurort”, a mineral springs resort, for holistic wellness treatments. The experience includes hydrotherapy, exercise and nutrition. Here’s how to create a custom kur stateside at Glenwood Hot Springs.
- Stay. The rooms at the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge are soothingly spa-themed and within close proximity to the mineral hot springs pool.
- Eat. Start the day with a protein-rich egg omelet or opt for a bowl of piping hot steel-cut oats served with fresh in-season fruit. If staying at the Lodge, breakfast at the Grill is included.
- Exercise. Swim laps in the pool, take a fitness class at the Athletic Club or go for a brisk walk. Some recommended excursions include hiking up Red Mountain or strolling along one of Glenwood’s riverside trails.
- Soak. Allow the 15 naturally-occurring dissolved minerals contained in the water to work their magic. During soaking, minerals are absorbed into the skin and are also inhaled through the vapor. Each mineral possesses specific healing properties.
- Drink. Bring along a cup and sip some water from the drinking spring. Although healthful, this is an acquired taste.
- Massage. Therapists at the Spa of the Rockies are trained in a variety of modalities. Need a high altitude adjustment? Lymphatic drainage? Deep tissue work? A professional-quality massage will detoxify and rejuvenate the body.
Fun fact: The word “spa” is actually a Latin acronym for sanus per aquam, which translates to mean health by water. Find out more about the healing waters of Glenwood Hot Springs and to book lodging and spa treatments, please visit www.hotspringspool.com.
About Glenwood Hot Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs is a 127-year-old Colorado landmark resort located along Interstate 70 at Glenwood Springs, approximately 165 miles west of Denver and 90 miles east of Grand Junction. Famous for its enormous hot springs pools, other amenities include the Spa of the Rockies, the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, an athletic club, a restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, a retail store specializing in swimwear and a miniature golf course, open seasonally. For more information, including press releases, a press kit, photos and a live web camera, please visit http://www.hotspringspool.com/misc/press-room or call 800-537-SWIM (7946) or 970-947-2955.
Jeremy Gilley, Director of Sales and Revenue
Glenwood Hot Springs/Spa of the Rockies
Resort Trends, Inc. – media communications for the travel & tourism industry