Retailing in Mexico - Market Summary and Forecasts is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Despite the volatile economic conditions, retail sales continued to grow in Mexico following the 2009 recession. Retailers across channels have been rapidly expanding their store count to take advantage of the growing middle income households in Mexico. A large young working population with an increasing number of women in the workforce will continue to generate more disposable income. This increase in disposable income will drive aspirational consumption among Mexican consumers, a behavior further fuelled by discounts and promotional offers.
- A steady recovery in the economy offers growth opportunities for retail sector
- Despite volatile economic conditions and sluggish consumption, retailers continue to invest
- Surge in international tourists (29.1 million) will influence retail sales in Mexico
- Rising participation of women in the labor force(43.1% of working age population) and their desire for a better life will favor retail growth
- Online shoppers prefer cash on delivery due to the fear of uncertainty in product delivery
- Despite being the fastest-growing retail channel in Mexico, online retailing is still in a very nascent stage and contributing only 0.6% to overall retail sales in 2014
- Food and grocery category continue to dominate with 35.4% of share in Mexican retail market
- Clothing (8.1%)and footwear (8%)will be the fastest growing product categories over the next five years
To view the table of contents and know more details, please visit Retailing in Mexico - Market Summary and Forecasts.
“Retailing in Mexico - Market Summary and Forecasts, 2014-2019” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the Mexican retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the Mexican retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and fastest-growing product categories that includes Clothing; Footwear; Books, News and Stationery; Electrical and Electronics; Food and Grocery; Health and Beauty; Furniture and Floor Coverings; Home and Garden Products; Music, Video and Entertainment Software; Sports and Leisure Equipment; Jewelry, Watches and Accessories; Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on 12 product sectors in the Mexican retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories in the market with insights on performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the Mexican retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Benetton Inditex Sanborns Suburbia Sears Roebuck de México Woolworth Gap American Eagle Outfitters Forever 21 HandM Prada Mango Scappino CandA Andrea Emyco Flexi Adidas Office Depot Gandhi Libros Porrúa Casadellibro Amazon Steren Radio Shack Liverpool Best Buy Elektra Oxxo Walmart 7-Eleven Soriana Extra Circle K Chedraui CCM Ley Grupo merza La Europea H.E.B The body shop Sephora Opticas Lux Farmacias Similares Avon Jafra Cosmetics Zara Home El palacio de hierro Coppel The Home Depot Crisa Lowe's Comex Bed Bath and Beyond Linio.com Nike Marti Joyerías Bizarro Pineda Covalin Tanya Moss Daniel Espinoza Samsonite Grupo Piagui
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research