Travel and Tourism in Japan to 2019 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. This report provides detailed information on the Japanese tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, tourist expenditure, airlines, hotels, car rental and travel intermediaries industries.
The report brings together Travel and Tourism Intelligence Center's research, modeling and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. This allows domestic and foreign companies to identify the market dynamics and to discover which segments will see growth in the coming years.
- Travel and Tourism sector became the main focus of Japan's economic policy in anticipation of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The government set the target of 30 million international arrivals by 2030.
- The domestic tourist volume declined by 3% annually in 2011 due to the Tohuku earthquake followed by tsunami waves. However, domestic trips grew from 286 million in 2012 to 289 million in 2014, which was supported by route expansions by LCCs. China's LCC, Spring Group, launched domestic flight connecting Narita with Takamatsu, Saga and Hiroshima in 2014.
- Taiwan surpassed South Korea and became the country's leading source of tourists in 2014 due in part to increasing number of LCC flights to Japan. However, the tourist inflow from China declined by 7.8% in 2013 due to political tension created between the two countries over nationalization of the Senkaku Islands by Japan in late 2012.
- The share of LCCs in Japan has moved up from 7.8% of the total seats sold in 2010 to 18.6% in 2014. The total number of seats sold for LCCs increased at a historic-period CAGR of 28.88%, in contrast to the negligible growth of 0.56% for full service airlines.
- Fast growing short-term home rental market in Japan provides an alternate option to growing tourist volume at inexpensive prices. In addition, government's relaxations on short-term rental rules along with visa-relaxation policy for Southeast Asian countries are expected to support the market for short-term rented houses, which can pose a threat to the hotel industry in the region.
- The travel agencies are collaborating with IT companies to develop tourism related software and applications; and mobile payment options.
To access full report with TOC, please visit Travel and Tourism in Japan to 2019.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Japanese Travel and Tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Japan for various categories in the Travel and Tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Japanese Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Japanese Travel and Tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities"
Route Inn Japan
TOYOTA Rent a Car
Nissan Car Rental Solutions"
Reportstack is one of the leading distributors of market research reports in the world today. We host more than 200,000 research products from the world's top publication houses. These publications are distributed amongst 12 top industry verticals and 62 sub verticals, which are then further classified into 257 business categories and 5000 micro markets. The vast selection criterion provides granular data from the length and breadth of all these industries delivering Reportstack members with cutting edge research products to facilitate strategic business decisions.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research