Results of a content marketing study conducted by Clear Verve Marketing, LLC shows a company’s website is as viable communications tool as ever but that Facebook is king when it comes to posting marketing messages. However, it’s finding the right content for the right channel that’s the biggest challenge for marketers.
More than 200 individuals from a wide variety of industries participated in the survey, which was conducted online. The results have been published in a free ebook, available here.
This was Clear Verve Marketing’s third market research project aimed at understanding marketing habits of organizations in Southeastern Wisconsin and finding out how those organizations use content generation as a marketing strategy.
“We received such an amazing response to our previous social media surveys that we wanted to find out more and this time focus on content marketing,” commented Christina Steder, president of Clear Verve Marketing. “Many organizations struggle with limited resources and are interested in how to generate content and distribute it most effectively. This survey will allow everyone to learn from each other’s best practices.”
Among the findings:
- Of the respondents, 77 percent said social media is part of their marketing plan; not surprisingly, nearly 90 percent post content to Facebook, followed by 81 percent who said they post to their own corporate sites.
- Twitter is not dead; 68 percent of respondents say their company uses Twitter to communicate its marketing messages.
- Posted photos generate more response than does social dialogue.
- Respondents said they mostly use content marketing to build awareness and understanding of their brand and promote events.
- 40 percent of those who took the content marketing survey said their companies have a social media policy, up 10 percent from a similar survey contact by Clear Verve in 2010.
Respondents were from the nonprofit, marketing/communications, health care, education, banking, information technology, accounting, human resources, manufacturing, skilled trade, arts and entertainment industries.
Clear Verve Marketing, LLC, established in 2006, specializes in Promise MarketingSM, helping professional service providers, not-for-profits, community organizations, retailers, and health care organizations and small businesses communicate effectively with their target audiences. The company provides marketing planning and support, creative and technical writing, graphic design, public relations, social media, and internal communications services. The firm is located in Elm Grove, Wis. For more information, call 262-796-9001 or visit www.clearverve.com.