The Market for Stem Cell Research Products
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into any mature cell type. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Perinatal stem cells, obtained during the period immediately before and after birth
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues
- Induced pluripotent stem cells, produced by genetically reprogramming adults cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
Complete report Stem Cell Research Products - Opportunities, Tools, and Technologies Available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/stem-cell-research-products-opportunities-tools-technologies-market-report.html. Single User License: US $3795.
Stem cell research and experimentation have been in process for well over five decades, as stem cells have the unique ability to divide and replicate repeatedly. In addition, their “unspecialized” nature allows them to differentiate into a wide variety of specialized cell types.
In a developing embryo, stem cells can differentiate into all of the specialized embryonic tissues. In adult organisms, stem and progenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing specialized cells.
Traditionally, scientists have worked with both embryonic and adult stem cells as research tools. While the appeal of embryonic cells has been their ability to differentiate into any type of cell, there has been significant ethical, moral and spiritual controversy surrounding their use for research purposes. Although some adult stem cells do have differentiation capacity, it is often limited in nature, which results in fewer options for use.
Request for Sample at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/request-sample?rname=58115.
At this time, the following account for the majority of stem cell research:
- Basic Research – Understanding stem cell mechanisms and behavior
- Regenerative Medicine – Reversal of injury or disease
- Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery – Treatment of disease
- Toxicology Screening – Drug safety and efficacy assessment
To facilitate research resulting from interest in these potential far-ranging applications, a large and growing stem cells research products market has emerged.
Large companies selling stem cell research products include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- BD Biosciences, a Division of Becton Dickinson
- Merck KGaA
- Miltenyi Biotec
- STEMCELL Technologies
- Lonza Group
- Clontech (a Takara Bio Company)
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences.
While several of these dominant market players have utilized acquisition strategies to grow and capture market share, Merck KGaA has had a particularly strong commitment to this approach, acquiring several other massive major players within the stem cell research products marketplace, including Milllipore on February 26, 2010, for $7.2 billion, and Sigma-Aldrich on September 22, 2014, for $17 billion. Dozens of mid-sized suppliers of stem cell research products also exist, as well as over 100 small specialty providers.
Place a Direct Purchase on this Report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=58115.
Currently, the following compose the majority of stem cell research product sales worldwide:
- Primary antibodies to stem cell antigens
- Bead-based stem cell separation systems
- Fluorescent-based labeling and detection
- Stem cell protein purification and analysis tools
- Tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells
- Isolation/characterization services
- Stem cell culture media and reagents
- Stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines
- Tools for stem cell gene regulation
- Stem cell services and mechanisms for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking
- Expansion/differentiation services for stem cell media and RNAi
- Stem cell lines
Key report findings include:
- Market size determinations, with 5-year projections for the stem cell research products market (2016-2020)
- Year-over-year analysis of stem cell grant rates, patent rates, clinical trial rates, and scientific publication rates
- Stem cell funding sources, trends, and amounts (domestic and international)
- Stem cell research applications, including priorities by segment
- Relative demand for stem cell products, by stem cell type
- Breakdown of stem cell product categories
- Competitive analysis of leading stem cell research product companies
- Online trends for stem cells, including Google Trends and Google Adwords
- Social analytics for stem cells, including activity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more
- Communications strategies for accessing the marketplace
- End-user survey of stem cell scientists
Inquire for Discount at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/discount?rname=58115.
Competing within the stem cell marketplace can involve complicated and confusing decisions, but it doesn’t have to. Claim this report to reveal the current and future needs of your customer base, so you can focus your marketing efforts on profitable products, in promising research areas, within lucrative markets.
The content and statistics contained in this report were compiled using a broad range of sources. These input sources include:
- Stem Cell Grant Funding Database (RePORT Database, CIRM, MRC, Wellcome Trust - UK)
- Stem Cell Patent Database (United States Patent and Trade Office, World Intellectual Property Organization)
- Stem Cell Clinical Trial Database (ClinicalTrials.gov, International Clinical Trials Registry Platform, European Union Clinical Trials Register )
- Stem Cell Scientific Publication Database (PubMed, Highwire Press, Google Scholar)
- Stem Cell Product Launch Announcements (Trade Journals, Google News)
- Stem Cell Industry Events (Google News, Google Alerts)
- Stem Cell Company News (SEC Filings, Investor Publications, Historic Performance)
- International Surveys (Electronically Distributed End-User Surveys)
- And More
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 500,000+ market research reports from over 100+ leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.
UNIT no 802, Tower no. 7, SEZ
Magarpatta city, Hadapsar
Pune - 411013