OpportunityAnalyzer: Celiac Disease-Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2023 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. There are no pharmacological treatments that are indicated for celiac disease and the current standard of care treatment involves a gluten free diet (GFD). Steroids and immunosuppressants are used to reduce symptoms in severe cases, targeting approximately 5% of the celiac disease patient population and there are no preventative medications. The anticipated launch of Alba/Teva’s larazotide acetate in 2018 in the US and 2019 in 5EU, followed by the launch of Alvine/AbbVie’s latiglutenase in 2019 and 2020 in the US and 5EU respectively are set to change the management of the disease and drive growth in the celiac disease market. Both drugs are expected to target patients who undergo gluten exposure while on a GFD equating to approximately 95% of the celiac disease patient population. GlobalData estimates that the uptake of both drugs will be equally high, but latiglutenase will rapidly gain market value and emerge the commercially stronger drug with the backing of Immune-Gastro veteran AbbVie.
- High uptake is expected of pipeline drugs for celiac disease that are anticipated to launch during the 2013-2023 forecast period.
- Celiac disease remains a field of highly unattained unmet need.
- There is no consensus over clinical trial design and endpoints for the development of celiac disease products.
- The clinical stage pipeline is mainly focussed on GFD adjunctive therapies, while the pre-clinical stage pipeline has shifted its focus to disease modifying treatments.
- Significant opportunity exists for products targeting in the non-refractory patient segment of the celiac disease market.
- M&A’s and alliance opportunities will be key factors in driving celiac disease drug development.
To access full report with TOC, please visit OpportunityAnalyzer: Celiac Disease-Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2023.
- Overview of celiac disease, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and current treatment options
- Annualized celiac disease therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapies and forecasts for five years to 2018 and ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic product assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, clinical trial design and implications for the celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including zonulin inhibitors, gluten peptide enzymes, gluten specific synthetic polymers and therapeutic vaccines.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market. Clinical and commercial benchmarking of promising pipeline products versus standard of care treatments and competitive assessment of all therapies. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Identify the unmet needs and remaining opportunities in the celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Assess the clinical and commercial viability of promising pipeline products.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various emerging therapies.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market and segments likely to impact the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market in future."
Reportstack is one of the leading distributors of market research reports in the world today. We host more than 200,000 research products from the world's top publication houses. These publications are distributed amongst 12 top industry verticals and 62 sub verticals, which are then further classified into 257 business categories and 5000 micro markets. The vast selection criterion provides granular data from the length and breadth of all these industries delivering Reportstack members with cutting edge research products to facilitate strategic business decisions.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research