(Fremont County, Wyo.) - June is National Garage Door Safety Month, so it's the perfect time to get your garage door serviced and inspected to ensure you and your family's safety. Here are 5 garage door safety tips from Overhead Door Company of Riverton-Lander:
1. Playing with garage doors: Nearly 100 children are injured each year playing with garage doors. To prevent this, it’s simply a matter of making sure that you are educating any children in the house that garage doors are not toys.
2. Trying to Get Into the Garage Before It Closes: Over 130 people each year injures themselves or damage their garage doors by trying to race it as it closes. Use an alternate route or wait a few seconds and wait as the door re-opens.
3. Broken Doors: To be sure that you’re not surprised by a broken garage door and possibly injured as a result, it’s a good idea to test all mechanical and moving parts while you’re performing regular maintenance.
4. Do It Yourselfers: Some of us prefer to work on our own garage doors rather than seek professional help. While this can be an affordable option for quick maintenance and repairs, there’s always the chance of injury if you’re not familiar with the specifics of your door.
5. Falling Doors or Sections: If a garage door is not properly maintained, then there’s the chance that a section, or the entire door itself can fall and cause serious harm. Regular maintenance is the best way to prevent garage door malfunctions on this scale.
Join Overhead Door Company of Riverton-Lander Garage Door Preventative Maintenance Program. Their professional technicians will inspect your garage doors annually, make all adjustments, lubricate moving parts and tighten up the works. And, they'll make sure the motor and safety mechanisms are in proper working order. Most importantly, they will diagnose and repair small problems before they become big problems. That means you’ll minimize emergency repair costs and increase the life expectancy of your garage doors. I’ll bet you’re wondering how much this will cost you. Just $65 per year for up to two garage doors. And, you’ll save 10% on parts. Ready to sign up? Give them a call at 856-DOOR, 307-856-3667.
Overhead Door Company, 600 East Main, Riverton, WY