ORLAND PARK, IL – Bratcher Enterprises is excited to announce that there is only one week left before the fifth annual Spirit of America Car Show and Drive-in to benefit the Orland Township Food Bank. Saturday, September 20th from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm, the community is welcome to join car enthusiasts in the Orland Square Mall parking lot for a family friendly afternoon featuring a car show, kids corner, barbecue and drive-in style movie at dusk.
A great way to end the summer and welcome fall, event is free to the public and boasts something for everyone. There is a kids’ corner complete with face painting and a bounce house. For the car enthusiast in your family, there will be everything from vintage cruisers to sleek modern muscle cars to vote for in the car show. For the foodies, long time Bratcher employee and friend lovingly known as “The Cook,” will be manning a huge wood burning grill and serving the best barbecue around. If you have someone looking for a little more action, the Vindicated Vixens, a local roller derby team, will be volunteering as car hops and mingling with the crowd.
There will also be a raffle with prizes from local businesses and sponsors such as Dave and Busters. The whole night is geared towards raising awareness and funds for the Orland Township Food Pantry and all proceeds from the event benefit this great cause. Admission is free, but any donations of dry and canned goods for the food pantry will be graciously accepted.
Bratcher Enterprises is excited to say that they are very close to reaching their fundraising goal of $6000 and gives a warm thank you to all the sponsors and volunteers that have helped them thus far. Bratcher Enterprises employee, Walter Bratcher said, “One hundred percent of all proceeds goes to the food panty which distributes to the neediest food pantries in Chicagoland. We are excited for good food, fast cars, a drive-in movie with friends and family. Please come out and see for yourself!”
If you have any questions, or wish to volunteer, please contact Jill Morgenthaler at jillmorgenthalerPR@gmail.com or Tracy Bratcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orland Park Midas has been a staple in the Orland Park, Illinois community offering the highest quality parts and service for any vehicle. Each year the owner and employees host the Sprit of America Car Show and Drive-In to raise awareness and funding for the Orland Township Food Pantry. All proceeds from car registry, raffle tickets, food and beverages, as well as participant donations will support the efforts of the food pantry.
Important Quick Facts
- Bratcher Enterprises is a group of family owned Midas franchises in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago. It has grown from one shop purchased by James Bratcher in 1985 to eleven locations. After the passing of James in 2009, the organization is now under the management of his wife Dorotha and two sons, Walter and Dave.
- Bratcher Enterprises’ Midas locations offer full service auto maintenance including, but not limited to, oil changes, brake services, muffler and exhaust customization or repair and engine repair.
- Bratcher Enterprises is dedicated to the community that helped them grow and shows their appreciation by being involved with several community efforts and organizations that benefit Cook County.
- As a family run organization, Bratcher Enterprises understands the importance of family and runs each shop with close-knit relationships with its employees and patrons. They also know what it is like to have a busy schedule and ensure each service is completed in a timely manner by expert technicians.
- Each year, in the month of September, Bratcher Enterprises hosts the Spirit of America Car Show and Drive-in at the Orland Square Mall to support the efforts of the Orland Township Food Pantry.
- The Orland Township Food Pantry, located in the Orland Township office on Ravinia Avenue, supplies food to residents in need in the Cook County area. They collect dried and canned goods as well as pet food and non-perishable supplies for their Pet Pantry “Crashy’s Closet.”
- The Orland Township Food Pantry was chosen as the beneficiary for the car show because it is a local organization that assists families in the Cook County area, which has supported Bratcher Enterprises since the beginning.
- The car show is open to the public and features various auto types from vintage cruisers and pick-ups to modern hot cars. Each year, the car show has grown a significant percent. In 2013, a total of 33 vehicles preregistered and a total of 46 attended. This year, 52 vehicles have preregistered and we are expecting at least 15 additional vehicles to show up the day of the event.
- As a family event, Bratcher Enterprises also includes a kids’ corner including face painting, a bounce house, rigs and trucks from the Orland Park Fire Department and a drive-in style movie at dusk. Last year, on the 32-foot screen, we showed Grease and this year we are showing Smokey and the Bandit.
- Last year, the Spirit of America Car Show and Drive-in raised $2600 for the Orland Township Food Pantry. This year, fundraising and local sponsors have already raised $4500 as well as dried and canned good donations. The goal for 2014 is to raise over $6000.
- Local sponsors of the Spirit of America Car Show and Drive-in include: Stone Wheel, Bettenhausen Automotive, R&L Breaks and Clutch Inc., Culver’s, Parkway Bank, Orland Square Mall and other local businesses. These great sponsors have donated money, supplies, volunteers and food.