RnRMarketResearch.com adds report “M2M Device Connections and Revenue: Worldwide Forecast 2014-2024”to its store.
The automotive and transport sector represents the biggest opportunity for cellular connectivity, but operators should also focus on alternative technologies to provide comprehensive services across many verticals.
Machine-to-machine (M2M) represents a strong growth market across various industry segments. The market will grow to 3.2 billion connections worldwide by 2024, at a CAGR of 28%. Smart meters and connected vehicles are two key growth areas, representing more than 80% of total connections in 2024. This report presents the update to our forecast for M2M connections.
The report provides:
a detailed 10-year forecast, worldwide and for eight regions, of:
- M2M device connections in eight industry sectors
- M2M connectivity-related average revenue per connection (ARPC)
- M2M connectivity-related revenue
- analysis of key forecast data for connections, revenue and ARPC
- a comprehensive view of the opportunities in the M2M market for eight key verticals including automotive and transport, security and utilities
- assumptions underpinning the growth trajectory for each region
- our latest research and assumptions on the automotive and transport and utilities sectors, which accounted for 73% of total M2M connections in 2013
- market definitions and comparisons with our previous forecast.
Forecast data is split by:
- market type (developed and emerging)
- network type (cellular and non-cellular).
Forecast data covers the following eight industry sectors and 28 M2M solutions within those sectors.
- Automotive and transport
- Financial services
- Public sector
Data is provided for the following regions.
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- North America
- Latin America
- Developed Asia-Pacific
- Emerging Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Table of Contents
8.Executive summary: The number of M2M device connections worldwide will grow to 3.2 billion in 2024
9.Executive summary: Device connection growth is higher in emerging markets; the automotive and transport sector dominates cellular M2M
10.Executive summary: Worldwide M2M connectivity will generate USD69 billion in revenue by 2023
11.Key findings and implications
12.Key findings and implications
13.M2M device connections
14.M2M device connections: Worldwide 
15.M2M device connections: Worldwide 
16.M2M device connections: Cellular versus non-cellular
17.M2M device connections: Developed versus emerging markets
18.Western Europe: Total and cellular M2M device connections
19.Central and Eastern Europe: total and cellular M2M device connections
20.North America: Total and cellular M2M device connections
21.Latin America: Total and cellular M2M device connections
22.Developed Asia-Pacific: Total and cellular M2M device connections
23.Emerging Asia-Pacific: Total and cellular M2M device connections
24.Middle East and North Africa: Total and cellular M2M device connections
25.Sub-Saharan Africa: Total and cellular M2M device connections
26.Vertical focus: Utilities, and automotive and transport
27.Vertical focus: Utilities, and automotive and transport
28.Utilities: Smart meter penetration will increase sharply in major markets
29.Utilities: Smart electric meters constitute the largest share of the smart metering market
30.Utilities: Cellular connectivity accounts for a small but growing share of the smart meter market
31.Utilities: Key forecast trends, drivers and assumptions
32.Utilities: Smart meters by region