New menu items join dozens of Providence favorites to create a fresh new menu from Executive Chef Eric Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Oct. 17, 2014) – Cow town meets big city on the new lunch and dinner menus launching as part of Providence New American Kitchen’s second anniversary that are fresh, casual, satisfying, traditional and inventive.
New additions continue to follow the contemporary flavors that pay homage to the historic American setting, steps down from the Drum Room Lounge, surrounded by rich woods with a mixed homage of farm roots and Kansas City history in the Hilton President Hotel. The menu continues to feature original creations from Providence Executive Chef Eric Carter. The updated menu includes new original items, as well as some familiar favorite items.
The new lunch menu is offered daily from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Providence main dining and in the Drum Room Lounge. The dinner menu is offered in the Providence dining room Sunday-Thursday from 5 -10p.m. and Friday-Saturday 5-11 p.m.
Food selections can accompany the new bottled cocktails and craft cocktails creations from Mixologist Brock Schulte and the award-winning bar staff, as well as the exclusive area location serving Dom Perignon by the glass or selections from an extensive wine list. The Drum Room Lounge serves the mix of exclusive cocktails, full bar, and beer and wine selections until 11:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 2:00 a.m. Friday-Saturday and 10:00 p.m. Sunday.
New Selections from the Lunch Menu
- Duck Fat Fries $6.9 – Yukon Gold Potatoes, Beer and Cheese Fondue
- Dungeness Crab Cakes $12 – Remoulade, Celery Salad
Soups and Salads
- Wedge Salad $6.5 – Iceberg lettuce, Ozark Bacon, Blue Cheese Dressing
- Providence Burger $9 – Brioche Bun, Caramelized Onions. Farmer’s Cheese
- Club Sandwich $9 – Grilled Chicken, Smoked Ham, Swiss Cheese, Whole-Grain Bread
- Kansas City Dip $12 – Slow Smoked Ribeye, Caramelized Onions, Horseradish Sauce, Grilled Bread
- Ahi Tuna Salad $14 – Marinated White Beans, Arugula, Ciabatta, Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- Hanger Steak and Fries $12 – Nebraska Bison, Hand-Cut Fries, Red Wine Butter
New Selections from the Dinner Menu
- Whiskey Cured Salmon $7.9 – Maple Cream, Arugula, Cornmeal English Muffin
- Chef Carter’s Fried Chicken $18 – White and Dark Meat, Bacon Cheddar Biscuits, Green Bean Salad
- Maple Smoked Pork Chop $22 – Crispy Ravioli, Smoked Apple Sauce
- BBQ Short Ribs $20 – Burnt End Styled, Cowboy Beans, House-Made Pickles
- Shrimp & Grits $20 – Gulf Shrimp, Spicy Sausage, Stone-Ground Cheese Grits, Grilled Scallions
- Nebraska Bison “Steak & Egg” $19.9 – Seared Hanger Steak, Spring Vegetable Hash, Soft Poached Egg
- Lobster Pot Pie $24 – Maine Lobster, Root Vegetables, Cognac Cream
- Creekstone Farms Filet $27.9 – Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Wood Grilled Ribeye $29 – Twice-Baked Potato, Braised Farm Fresh Greens
- Pear Cobbler $7.5 – Vanilla Gelato, Oat Shortbread
Providence New American Kitchen is a locally-owned, full-service contemporary American restaurant featuring locally sourced ingredients located in the historic Hilton Hotel President at 1329 Baltimore in downtown Kansas City, Mo. The restaurant is accompanied by The Drum Room Lounge, a notable bar and cocktail lounge with an illustrious history in the Hilton Hotel President. Opened on October 11, 2012, Providence New American Kitchen offers a common place to gather in an intimate 5,000-square-foot setting with a dining experience similar to a Midwestern supper club with a concentrated homage to Americana. Based on the rich history of the restaurant’s location, Providence New American Kitchen creates a warm atmosphere incorporating reclaimed wood and colorful art prints depicting the nation’s history. Beautifully crafted cuisine and cocktails with simple, fresh ingredients and attention to the comfort of Midwestern flavors are noted in the menu, with a variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts offered to intimate diners or large groups. Lunch is served daily, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and dinner is served nightly, starting at 5:00 p.m. A weekday happy hour is served from 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. in the Drum Room Lounge. Cocktails and a full bar are served daily until late into the evening. For more information on Providence New American Kitchen, visit www.providence-kc.com or call (816) 303-1686. Learn the latest updates on Providence New American Kitchen by “liking” the restaurant on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ProvidenceKitch or follow on Twitter at @ProvidenceKitch. Reservations and private dining accommodations are available and can be booked through the website or by calling the restaurant.