PRINCE2, an acronym for Projects In Controlled Environments, is project management method which can be used for any type of project. PRINCE2 certification is internationally recognised and is a powerful asset for those who have obtained it.
PRINCE2 exams can be taken in two forms-
1. As part of an accredited PRINCE2 training course from your PRINCE2 training provider
2. At a public PRINCE2 examination centre
Both forms are the same in terms of style and structure.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
The Foundation is the first of a two part PRINCE2 examinations that you are required to pass in order to become a PRINCE2 practitioner.
This first level aims to measure whether you will be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method. In order to do this, you should be able to show that you understand the terminology and principles of the PRINCE2 method, and specifically you must be able to-
1. Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes.
2. State which management products are input to, and output from the seven processes.
3. State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products.
4. State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
This level aims to measure whether you could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end, you need to display the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario, specifically-
1. Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario.
2. Show you understand and apply the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products.
3. Demonstrate that you can understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2, and that you understand the principles underpinning these elements.
4. Demonstrate your ability to adapt PRINCE2 to different project circumstances.Passing PRINCE2 exams need not be a daunting task if you have studied all the material provided. Make use of past examination questions to test your knowledge and get an idea of the type of questions to expect.