A smart grid is a type of electrical grid that uses computer-based automation technology to integrate communication and information, available in digital or analog format, to facilitate and improve power production and distribution process. Smart grids are used to monitor and control power flows from the point of generation to consumption, thereby enhancing predictability, visibility, and efficient management of the production and demand. The technology brings flexibility to the whole system. It facilitates the integration of intermittent energy generation from renewable sources, and in peak load management, which helps in cost effectivity.
Following are some of the equipment required for the transformation of traditional electrical grids into smart grids:
- Hardware and software technologies
- Smart meters
- Communication and wireless network infrastructure
- Smart T&D equipment
Purchase a Copy of the Report @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=44381
(Single User License - US $2500)
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of smart grid equipment market in the US for the period 2015-2019. The market is segmented on the basis of equipment type: software and hardware, smart meters, sensors, communication and wireless network infrastructure, and smart T&D equipment.
The report, Smart Grid Equipment Market in US 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- GE Digital Energy
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens Energy
Other prominent vendors
- Arbiter Systems
- Sensus Metering Systems
- Silver Spring Networks
Inquire for this report @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=44381
Key market driver
- Aging power grid infrastructure
Key market challenge
- High susceptibility of smart grids to cyber attacks
Key market trend
- Increased investments and supportive policies
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Sandlerresearch.org is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.