Spartanburg, S.C., Nov. 6, 2014 – November is a time for giving thanks, so what better time to thank those on the frontlines of youth athletics, those who have the most direct impact on our young athletes, and those who are helping kids develop a life-long passion for sports, the coaches! Upward Sports is proud to announce they are celebrating November as Coach Appreciation Month!
“Coaches are some of the most influential figures in a young athlete’s life,” says Caz McCaslin, founder and president of Upward Sports. “The platform they have to put their fingerprints on the development of our youth is indescribable and reaches far beyond the game; their investment permeates into every level of these athletes’ lives.”
In this day and age, our children need coaches that have a drive and passion, not only for sports but also in grooming total athletes:
- Mentally - Invests in helping athletes make wise decisions in the game, and in life.
- Athletically - Challenges athletes to develop their physical skills with the focus on long-term success.
- Spiritually - Encourages athletes to discover their purpose and passions in life.
- Socially - Intentionally pursues an athlete’s need to foster healthy relationships.
For the entire month of November, Upward Sports invites you to submit your story about a coach who has made an impact on your life, your community, or young athletes in general. Those who submit a story will receive:
- (2) Play With Purpose wristbands
- A personalized Coach Appreciation Certificate to give to a coach of their choosing
Also, once a week an entrant will be selected through a random drawing to win:
- A $100 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card
- A copy of InSideOut Coaching by Joe Ehrmann
The contest is already underway and will continue through November 30th. To be eligible for the contest, entrants must be over 18 years of age. Submit a coach story to enter the Coach Appreciation Month Contest. (www.upward.org/stories)
Whether you’re a supervisor, parent, athlete, member of the community, or a fellow coach, we want to encourage you to take this time to acknowledge these individuals and thank them for the time, commitment, and effort they put into helping our young athletes in the game, and in life.