The Report “European Airport Catering: Market Insight Report 2014″ is now available at RnRMarketResearch.com.
- This market covers the operation of restaurants and catering facilities in airports across Western and Eastern Europe, excluding Russia and Turkey.
- It does not include duty free and other store-based retailing at airport sites or the provision of food on-board planes by airlines.
- We quantify the market size, historical growth rates, while reviewing key factors behind these figures.
- We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth – including the macroeconomic environment, the trends in passenger volumes and the impact of other factors such as airport privatisation and commercialisation, enhanced airport security and the growth of low-cost carriers – setting out historical trends and available forecasts.
- Our forecast for industry growth is based on this analysis of historical trends and growth drivers.
Why is this report interesting?
- The airport catering market was hit by the downturn in the global economy and hence passenger volumes following the onset of the credit crunch in 2008.
- It has since recovered strongly.
- Passenger volumes have bounced back to exceed pre-crisis levels in most countries.
- Ongoing privatisations and other commercial imperatives mean there is an increasing appetite on the part of more airport owners and operators to maximise the commercial returns on their assets
- Catering operators have continued to innovate their formats and their use of brands to maximise the appeal of their offerings to passengers.
- In contrast to the increasing maturity of much of the contract catering sector, airports now appears to be a segment with attractive growth prospects.
- The market has seen corporate activity in the recent past with a major demerger and re-organisation at one of the leaders, Autogrill, in 2013. However, sales processes considered by private equity investors at two other market leaders, SSP and Elior, did not lead to successful exits hence many in the industry expect to see further activity.
Who is it useful for?
The report is intended for:
- Operators of airport catering businesses
- Airport operators
- Investors in these businesses
- Potential new entrants to the airport catering market
- Market regulators and policymakers
- Banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the sector
Complete report is available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/european-airport-catering-market-insight-report-2014-market-report.html .
Table of Contents
European Airport Catering Market Insight Report 1
About this report 2
What does the report cover? 2
Why is this report interesting? 2
Who is it useful for? 2
Market context 3
Market trends 3
Market size and growth 3
Competitive landscape 3
About Apex Insight 5
Company background 5
Consulting services 5
Related research 5
Research subscriptions 5
List of charts and tables 8
Market background 9
Market definition 9
Importance of major airports 9
High value sites 10
Challenging operating environment 10
Peak times 10
Airports are time-pressured environments 11
Structural attractiveness 11
Market trends 12
Healthier food 12
Growth of low-cost airlines 12
Commercialisation of airports 12
Increasing importance of branded offers 13
Time spent at the airport 14
Market size and growth 15
Number of passengers 15
Spend per passenger 15
Passenger Mix 16
Perceived quality of offer 16
Price and perceived value for money 17
Time spent at the airport 17
Spend levels 18
Market size 19
Country market sizes and characteristics 20
Country market characteristics 22
UK / Ireland 22
Germany, Switzerland and Austria 22
Spain / Portugal 23
Eastern Europe 23
Competitive landscape 24
Branded food service groups 27
Passenger numbers 29
Spend per passenger 30
Market forecast 31
Forecast by country 32
Risks to the forecast 33
Single user License : US $ 2212
Purchase this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=196254 .
For further information on “European Airport Catering: Market Insight Report 2014” report, contact firstname.lastname@example.org / Call +1 888 391 5441.