The entire market for
microvascular complications of diabetes (MCD) diabetic nephropathy,
retinopathy, and neuropathy is facing an extremely high level of unmet need
across the 7MM (US, 5EU and Japan). Despite its enormous potential, the MCD
market is facing the major global barrier in the sparsely populated pipeline.
The diabetic retinopathy segment of the market has recently seen rapid uptake of
novel anti-VEGF therapies and is experiencing a strong growth. On the other
hand, the diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy segments face the barrier in and
increasing number of generic competitors. Nevertheless, this market will undergo
substantial growth between 2012 and 2022, almost doubling over this period, due
to the rapid increase in the overall prevalence of microvascular complications
of diabetes (which is attributed to the dramatic increase in prevalence of type
2 diabetes worldwide) and due to the uptake of one novel branded drug for
Key Questions Answered
- None of the current therapies for the diabetic complications are able to alter their progressive natural course and therefore the MCD market is marked by the presence of extremely large unmet needs in the current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the MCD market?
- The overall late-stage MCD pipeline is very sparsely populated. A high rate of failure in clinical trials for diabetic nephropathy and diabetic neuropathy led to a high level of pessimism among drug manufacturers. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the MCD market? What strategies are drug developers undertaking to penetrate this difficult but potentially very lucrative market?
- The diagnosed prevalence of microvascular complications of diabetes in the world dangerously increased in the past 10 years and will continue increasing at the fast pace. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
- The main driver of the enormous expansion of the MCD market will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence, which is attributable to increased life expectancy and scyrocketting increase in diabetes prevalence.
- The major global barrier for all microvascular complications is the sparsely populated pipeline, while the diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy segments also face the barrier in an increasing number of generic competitors.
- The whole anti-VEGF class, used for the treatment of diabetic macular edema, will experience steady growth, while the market entry of AbbVies atrasentan, the first novel, branded diabetic nephropathy drug to enter the market in more than 10 years, will noticeably enhance the overall market size.
- High rate of failure in clinical trials for diabetic nephropathy and diabetic neuropathy discouraged many drug developers; however, they are now shifting their strategy towards better understanding of the disease and better design of clinical trials.
- None of the current therapies for the diabetic complications are able to alter their progressive natural course. This unmet need presents a large opportunity for investment by drug developers.
Table of Content:-
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
3.1.1 Diabetic Nephropathy
3.1.2 Diabetic Retinopathy
3.1.3 Diabetic Neuropathy
3.3 Quality of Life
4.1 Diabetic Nephropathy
4.1.1 Disease Background
4.1.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
4.1.3 Global Trends
4.1.4 Forecast Methodology
For More Details on Related Reports Click on this Link:
Molecular Spectroscopy Market by Technology [NMR (FT, Continuous Wave), UV-Visible (Photodiode Array, Handheld), IR (Terahertz, Benchtop), NIR (FT-NIR) Raman (SERS, TERS, FT Raman)] & by Application (Pharmaceutical, Food) - Forecast to 2018
About JSB Market Research -
JSB Market Research is one of the most significant databases of online market researches and intelligence reports and services. The online portal for marketing research deals with access to global market data and assists in providing expert insights and exposure on global companies, industries, products and trends.
JSB Market Research Pvt. Ltd.
Office No-303, 3rd Floor, B Wing,
Hermes Atrium, Plot No-57, Sector - 11,
CBD - Belapur,
Navi Mumbai - 400614 - MH – INDIA
Tel- + 91 - 22 – 41236650
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org