In this research we analyze and forecast the opportunities for AOCs in their traditional data center and HPC markets, which is where AOCs began life as “InfiniBand extenders,” but now embrace all the other major local area networking protocols. In Volume II, we analyze AOC opportunities in markets where AOC insiders believe they will generate significant revenues over the next decade: personal computing, consumer electronics and digital signage. Browse list of key firms with in-depth TOC on " Active Optical Cable Markets and Opportunities: 2014 to 2022: Volume I - Data Center Applications" at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/active-optical-cable-markets-and-opportunities-2014-to-2022-volume-i-data-center-applications-market-report.html .
Within the data center, AOCs continue to be deployed to optimize the existing infrastructure by providing higher data rates among servers, switches and storage facilities. We expects this general trend to continue, but also anticipates important new developments that will transform the AOC space and create new opportunities for AOCs going forward:
- Major product changes within the AOC space in the next two years as 40 Gbps, 100 Gbps and high-speed IB connections become commonplace in the data center.
- AOC suppliers adapting product strategies to the growing number of all-optical data centers. Will this mean more of fewer AOCs will be sold?
- Conversely, today, fiber in the data center is something that even managers of medium-sized data centers should be considering and deploying AOCs are a good strategy to adopt to make this happen. But how much will this make the AOC market expand?
Order a copy of this report (US $3995 Single User License )at - http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=309986 .
This report also examines how macro-trends such the advent of SDN, virtualization and the Internet-of-Things (IoT) will affect AOC demand. We anticipate that this report will be a high value resource for marketing and business development managers at components and cable firms as well as at the AOC firms themselves:
- On the supply side, the report provide CIR’s take on the rise of Chinese suppliers and other new entrants into the AOC space.
- The extensive supplier profiles in this report discuss the products that these firms are (or will soon) offer and include in-depth analysis of the strategies being deployed by major AOC firms including some of newer firms that have entered the market.
- The report includes granular eight-year forecasts of AOCs in the data center with appropriate breakouts by data rate, standards/MSA, cable type, reach, wavelength and form factor.
- This report also takes a look at important marketing issues faced by AOC, such as the importance of branding.
The goal of this report is to show how the AOC market will be able to further penetrate data center and campus networks and the economic and technological trends that are making it possible. The report is primarily focused on business strategy, analyzing the sectors of corporate networking in which AOCs are likely to find a market and identifying the main opportunities markets.
Reasons to Buy this Report
- Granular forecast of AOC markets in both volume and value terms, with breakouts by type of interface/connector, cable type, protocols supported, cable length and wavelength. We incorporate into the forecast what the accelerating shift in the data center to 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps as well as new architectures such as top-of-the-rack switches will mean for the AOC market.
- Analysis of demand for AOCs by type/size of data center and how the market for AOCs is being transformed by the latest data communications trends from clouds and SDN to “big data” and the Internet-of-Things.
- Provides an assessment of the product/market strategies of more than 30 key AOC manufacturers including Chinese suppliers and other new entrants.
- Part of a two-volume set. This volume focuses on opportunities for AOCs in the data center. Volume II examines revenue generation by AOCs in emerging addressable markets such as consumer electronics, personal computing and digital signage.
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Introduction
1.1 Five Reasons Why AOC Markets Will Keep Growing
1.2 Intended Audience for this Report
1.3 Objectives of this Report
1.4 Scope of this Report
1.6 Plan of this Report
Chapter Two: Data Centers and Enterprise Networks as a Market for AOCs
2.1 Key Data Center Trends Impacting the AOC Market
2.2 Evolution of Active Optical Cabling Products for the Corporate Networking Environment
2.3 AOCs and the InfiniBand Roadmap
2.4 AOCs and Storage
2.5 Hybrid AOCs
2.6 AOCs and Serial Ethernet
2.7 Active Optical Cabling in the Campus and Telecom Environment
2.8 Coda: Current and Future Role of Active Copper Cabling
2.9 Summary of Key Points Made in this Chapter
Chapter Three: Firms to Watch in the AOC Business
3.1 10GTEK (China)
3.2 3M (United States)
3.3 Amphenol (United States)
3.4 Avago Technologies (United States)
3.5 Centera Photonics (Taiwan)
3.6 ConnPro (Taiwan)
3.7 Eoptolink (China)
3.8 FCI Electronics (France/Singapore)
3.9 Fiberon Technologies (Locations in several countries)
3.10 Finisar (United States)
3.11 Fujikura (Japan)
3.12 Fujitsu (Japan)
3.13 GigaLight Technology (China)
3.14 Hitachi Cable
3.15 InnoLight (China)
3.16 Mellanox (Israel)
3.17 Molex (United States)
3.18 Multilane (Lebanon)
3.19 Samtec (United States)
3.20 Siemon (United States)
3.21 Sopto (Hong Kong)
3.22 Sumitomo (U.S./Japan)
3.23 TE Connectivity (United States)
3.24 Volex (U.K.)
Chapter Four: Market Forecasts
4.1 Forecasting Methodology
4.2 Alternative Scenarios
4.3 Nine-Year Forecast of AOCs: Basic Assumptions and Calculations
4.4 Forecast of AOCs by Protocol Environment: IB, Ethernet and Other
4.5 Forecast of AOCs by Length Including Campus AOCs
4.6 Forecast of AOCs by Media Type and Wavelength.
4.7 Forecast by Data Center Size
Priced at $3995 for a single user PDF, a discount on “Active Optical Cable Markets and Opportunities: 2014 to 2022: Volume I – Data Center Applications ” research report can be requested at - http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/discount?rname=309986 .
Related Market Reports:
"Optical Data Center Markets: Volume I – Optical Opportunities Inside the Data Center” research report is now available with RnRMarketResearch.com. Data Center Optics Suppliers like Avago Technologies , Cisco , ColorChip , Finisar , Fujitsu Optical Components , JDSU ,Oclaro ,Reflex Photonics are discussed in this research , available at - http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/optical-data-center-markets-volume-i-optical-opportunities-inside-the-data-center-market-report.html .
"Active Optical Cable Markets and Opportunities: 2014 to 2022: Volume II – Personal Computing, Consumer Electronics and Digital Signage Markets” research report is now available with RnRMarketResearch.com. The report with granular five-year forecasts of AOCs in the data center with appropriate breakouts by data rate, standards, cable type, reach, wavelength and form factor available at - http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/active-optical-cable-markets-and-opportunities-2014-to-2022-volume-ii-personal-computing-consumer-electronics-and-digital-signage-markets-market-report.html .
Explore more Information Technology & Telecommunication Research Reports at - http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/information-technology-telecommunication .
RnRMarketResearch.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 500,000+ market research reports from over 100+ leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.