GrandViewResearch.com has announced the addition of "Global Eyewear Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020" Market Research report to their Database.
San Francisco, CA, April 01, 2014 -- Global eyewear Market is expected to reach USD 142.18 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Expanding wearer base coupled with increasing penetration of eyewear for vision correction is expected to fuel market growth over the next six years. A large percentage of the population in rural areas of developing markets does not have access to eye care facilities and services, which represents considerable untapped market potential for industry participants.
Early entry of children into the corrective eyewear space as well as aging population is expected to positively impact demand on a global level. Growing urbanization and disposable income, along with awareness regarding the need for protecting the eyes against UV rays has led to high demand for plano sunglasses. Acceptance of alternative methods of vision correction including refractive surgeries such as LASIK and PRK are estimated to restrain market growth over the forecast period.
The report “Eyewear Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/eyewear-industry
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/32
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
• The global eyewear market was estimated to be 2,750.3 million units in 2012, which is expected to reach 3,507.7 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2014 to 2020.
• Spectacle frames and lenses accounted for over 50% of the total eyewear shipments in 2012; they also contributed significantly to revenue in the same year. This is primarily on account of high replacement rate of lenses, due to changing prescription. The advent of high-index lenses has also led to a surge in product demand, which is expected to continue through the forecast period. Plano sunglasses are expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 8.1% in terms of revenue from 2014 to 2020. Demand for high-end sunglasses sold at premium prices is the key factor for high expected revenue generation. Polarized sunglasses contributed over 20% of overall shipments in 2012, with CR-39 expected to remain the largest lens material segment.
• North America dominated global demand in 2012; while Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market, at an estimated CAGR of 3.7% from 2014 to 2020. In terms of revenue, Europe accounted for over 40% of the total market in 2012, because of significantly high selling prices as compared to the global average.
• The global market space consists of numerous participants, divided among contact lenses, spectacles and plano sunglasses suppliers. They follow strategies such as product innovation, vertical integration and mergers and acquisitions to gain market share. Establishment of a widespread and effective distribution network is seen as the key to achieving market expansion. Key companies operating in the market include Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, CooperVision, Carl Zeiss, Essilor, Luxottica Group S.p.A. and Safilo Group S.p.A. among others.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global eyewear market on the basis of product and region:
• Eyewear Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
- Spectacle Frames
- Spectacle Lenses
- Contact Lenses
- Plano Sunglasses
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Non Polarized Sunglasses
- CR-39 Sunglasses
- Polycarbonate Sunglasses
- Polyurethane Sunglasses
• Eyewear Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Request Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/32
Latest Market Research Published By Grand View Research:
Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Intelligent-Transportation-Systems-Industry ) Increasing need for enhancing existing transportation networks coupled with demand for alleviating traffic congestion is expected to fuel market growth during the forecast period. However, interoperability and standardization issues may restrain the market over the next few years. Technological advancements have led to enhancement in wireless communication technologies, which is an opportunity for market participants.
Coal Bed Methane (CBM) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coal-bed-methane-industry ) Global CBM (Coal Bed Methane) market is expected to reach USD 17.31 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020. Unconventional CBM reserves, especially in coal-rich regions are increasingly gaining the spotlight as the industry strives for energy independence. Exploration and commercialization of unconventional hydrocarbon energy sources is seen as a critical step by energy agencies, to stabilize the energy supply-demand gap in the coming years. With CBM being a pure natural gas form, producers and consumers also have the opportunity to obtain much needed carbon credits and tax incentives.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc
San Francisco, California, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519