Food and Grocery Retailing in France - Market Summary and Forecasts; Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Food and grocery is by far the largest product category, accounting for a majority of the total retail sales in 2014. French consumers are showing greater inclination to procure local and organic products and are willing to pay a premium for them as they strongly believe in the quality of foods produced locally. National and private brands need to offer discounts to lure customers; however, quality cannot be compromised as French consumers consider quality an essential attribute. This is one of the major reasons behind why the online channel covers only 2.5% of the food and grocery market in the country.
- Food and grocery is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.74%.
- Conscious consumerism is on the rise, fueling the demand for organic and local food products.
- Demand for luxury, ready-to-eat food items, and healthy categories including organics, will result in higher spending on food and groceries.
- Growing aging population and single households in France open new opportunities for retailers.
- The online channel covers only 2.5% of the food and grocery market and is expected to cover 3.8% by 2019.
To access full report with TOC, please visit Food and Grocery Retailing in France
“Food and Grocery Retailing in France - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across France and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the French retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
France, retail, Food and Grocery, Drinks, Household Products, Packaged Food, Tobacco, Unpackaged Food, Convenience Stores, Food and drinks specialists, Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters, Value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers, General retailers, Specialist retailers, Value retailers, Online
Groupe Casino Carrefour Intermarché Système U Lidl Spar Picard E.Leclerc Auchan Simply Market Biocoop Cora
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research