The acute ischemic stroke (AIS) market is poised for major changes during the forecast window out to 2017. Given the impending patent expiry of Activase/Actilyse, in 2015 and 2016 in the US and 5EU respectively, the current standard of care for AIS patients is expected to lose its leading position. From 2015 onwards, Activase is expected to see declining sales; this is not only attributed to loss of patent protection, and the subsequent erosion from potential biosimilar versions, but is largely a result of the anticipated launch of Lundbecks desmoteplase in 2015.
Key Questions Answered
- The AIS market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the AIS market?
- The late-stage AIS pipeline remains thin. Which drugs will have a significant impact on the AIS market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- Activase remains the only FDA-approved therapy for AIS? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
- The main driver of the expansion of the AIS market will be the launch of Lundbecks next-generation thrombolytic agent desmoteplase, which has an extended therapeutic time window of up to nine hours post-stroke onset.
- Other key market drivers include the implementation of telemedicine, rapidly growing and ageing population, resulting in a rise in stroke incidence
- Clinical trials attrition in the late-stage pipeline continues to hamper R&D efforts to bring novel therapies onto market, meaning AIS patients are still restricted to few effective treatment options.
- Overview of AIS, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the principal late-stage pipeline drug discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AIS therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AIS therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AIS therapeutics market in future.
To order this report:
US: +1 866 325 7446
UK: +44 203 514 2363
India: +91 22 4098 7600