Seed China News 1510 (12 issues per year) is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. On 28 Sept., 2015, the Ministry of Agriculture of the P.R.C. released a notice on organizing the topic declaration of 2016 science and technology major project for the breeding of genetically modified organism (GMO). Accordingly, in 2016, China will carry out researches on GM crops (covering rice, wheat, corn, soybean and cotton) with the following features:
- Pest-resistant: resistant to borers, rice planthopper, wheat aphid, corn aphid, scarab, cotton mirids, cotton aphid, etc.
- Disease-resistant: resistant to rice bacterial blight, rice blast, sheath blight, leaf streak, head blight, corn rough dwarf, cotton verticillium wilt, etc.
- Stress-resistant: resistant to drought, salinization, high temperature, chilling injury, etc.
- High yield: plant morphology, utilization rate of light energy, etc.
- High quality: nutrient, can be stored for a long time, etc.
- Herbicide-resistant and with effective utilization of nutrient such as nitrogen, phosphorus and kalium
It is worth noting that the popularization of GMO technology development and the risk exchange of GMO were listed into the topic of GMO science and technology major projects for the first time.
To view the table of contents and know more details, please visit Seed China News 1510 (12 issues per year).
Though, China has not approved of the planting of major crops that are genetically modified, planting of GM crops in China may be expanded in the future as China is giving more and more support to the development of GM technologies and enhancing its popularization of GMO to the public.
China Golden Marker Bio-tech Co., Ltd. ;China National Seed Group Co., Ltd. ;Beidahuang Kenfeng Seed Co., Ltd.; Beijing Jingyan Yinong Sci-Tech Development Center
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research