Duty Free Retailing in Asia-Pacific, 2015-2020; Market Dynamics, Retail Trends, and Competitive Landscape is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Asia-Pacific duty free retail market recorded CAGR of 9.4% during 2010-2015 driven by increase in Chinese duty free spending and expansion of duty free retail space. Growing tourism, expansion of off-airport duty free locations, rising online duty free sales are key factors that will positively influence the regional duty free sales. However, devaluation of Chinese Yuan will reduce purchasing power of high spending Chinese duty free shoppers. To entice this cohort, majority of the Asian countries are easing their visa policies, which have previously fueled tourism and thus spending in Japan and South Korea. Duty free operators are also seeking growth in new markets as competition in home market intensifies with new airport and downtown duty free locations.
- Asia-Pacific will register CAGR of 9.4% during 2015-2020. It is the fastest growing region globally
- South Korea is the largest market in the region contributing more than 30% to the total region sales
- Japan will overtake Singapore and Thailand by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 13.2%
- India is the fastest growing market and is expected to surpass Thailand by 2020 with sales reaching US$1.4 billion
- Health and beauty is the largest category in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.0%
Complete report available @ Duty Free Retailing in Asia-Pacific, 2015-2020; Market Dynamics, Retail Trends, and Competitive Landscape.
The “Duty Free Retailing in Asia-Pacific, 2015-2020” report provides analysis of current and forecast market data for retail sales in different product categories sold through duty free channel in Asia-Pacific.
This report Offers:
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2020 by country and category; covers 12 countries in Asia-Pacific and 20 categories, including clothing, consumer electronics, drinks, footwear, homewares, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, packaged food, health and beauty, photographic equipment, printed media, sports equipment, tobacco, toys and games, and others
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors on a regional and country basis
- International arrivals by country and top 10 source countries for international arrivals in each country
- Retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates for each country
Reasons To Buy
- Get reliable duty free retail sales data on 12 countries in Asia-Pacific for 2015 with forecasts for 2020, and identify the largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data by country and categories to spot and target key categories in each country, and use to plan growth opportunities and develop strategies for each
- Choose partners , understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free operators in the region, including market shares, trading performance, locations, latest developments, and the outlook for each
DFS Group Lotte Duty Free The Shilla Duty Free Ever Rich Group King Power International (Thailand) Sunrise Duty Free China Duty Free group King Power Group (Hong Kong) Sky Connection Limited Dufry Japan Airport Terminal Co. Gebr. Heinemann Aelia Duty Free
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research