More than 50% of prescriptions is written for people aged 65 years and older. Many older people suffer from comorbid conditions and one in three takes at least five drugs or more on a daily basis. This significantly increases the risk of Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) and hospitalization. Up to one third of emergency admissions in elderly people is drug-related.
View Full Report With Complete TOC athttp://www.researchmoz.us/geriatric-medicine-development-carving-out-new-opportunities-to-treat-age-related-diseases-report.html
There remains a lack of clinical data to support prescription decisions as relatively few medicines have been clinically evaluated in age-appropriate patients. In addition, many drugs are not available in formulations that are suitable for the elderly, leading to non-compliance and lack of therapeutic efficacy. In 2011, the EMA introduced its Geriatric Medicines Strategy to ensure that the medical requirements of older people are identified earlier in the drug development process. In 2012, the ICH E7 guidelines were revised to include a greater focus on involving more geriatric patients in drug trials.
- Reviews the current regulatory landscape and helps sponsors to understand the potential impact of recent guidelines.
- Assesses the barriers to entry in geriatric medicines and identifies potential ways to overcome them and improve clinical decision making.
- Evaluates the importance of establishing Target Quality Product Profiles (TQPP) to help sponsors determine the target patient population earlier on in drug development.
- Identifies treatment gaps and commercial opportunities based on primary care real-time data and KOL insights.
- Analyses different strategies to develop age-appropriate medicines in niche therapeutic fields and discusses methods to encourage the smarter prescription of medicines.
Key Reasons to Purchase
- Utilize the insights from this study to analyze the barriers facing the geriatrics market
- Understand the impact of drug development in this market now and in the future
- Find out why regulators are paying more attention to unnecessary “exclusion criteria” and encouraging the inclusion of older people to ensure trials are age-appropriate and more representative of the real world setting.
- Assess the opportunities available for companies to develop age-appropriate dosages and formulations for existing drug classes that are currently widely associated with ADEs in the elderly as well as new therapeutic prospects.
Oil shale generally refers to any sedimentary rock that contains solid bituminous materials that are released as petroleum-like liquids after heating by chemical process of pyrolysis. Oil shale is formed by deposition of organic debris and silt on lake beds and sea bottoms. Over a long period of time, this material is transformed into sedimentary rock by heat and pressure. Oil shales are rich in oil content and can be burned without any additional processing. With depletion in natural resources, the oil shale market is growing in demand due to large availability of…
Power over Ethernet is the technology that offers transfer of electrical signals (power) and data over existing cabling, avoiding the use of separate power cords. Power is supplied in common mode over two or more differential pairs of wires found in Ethernet cables and comes from the power supply within PoE enabled networking device like Ethernet Switch. PoE chipset market is gaining momentum in developed economies as a result of more number of internet users and need for faster and effective communication in minimum costs. Implementing the PoE chipsets for transferring data…
Body contouring is a surgical procedure that involves alteration of the body parts such as torso, upper arms, thighs, buttocks, and chest with an intention to improve the overall appearance of the body. This is more effective for those who already have gone through massive weight loss and want to get rid of excess skin and remaining fats from their body. The various body contouring procedures available are body lift, bra line back lift, body fat transfer, implants and abdominal etching. Body lift is a common body contouring surgical procedure meant to remove the sagging skin and…
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
Browse Blog — http://pramoddige91.wordpress.com/