ReportsnReports.com adds “Geriatric Medicine Development - Carving out New Opportunities to Treat Age-related Diseases” report to its research database.
More than 50% of
prescriptions is written for people aged 65 years and older. Many older people
suffer from comorbid conditions and one in three takes at least five drugs or
more on a daily basis. This significantly increases the risk of Adverse Drug
Events (ADEs) and hospitalization. Up to one third of emergency admissions in
elderly people is drug-related.
There remains a lack of clinical data to support prescription decisions as relatively few medicines have been clinically evaluated in age-appropriate patients. In addition, many drugs are not available in formulations that are suitable for the elderly, leading to non-compliance and lack of therapeutic efficacy. In 2011, the EMA introduced its Geriatric Medicines Strategy to ensure that the medical requirements of older people are identified earlier in the drug development process. In 2012, the ICH E7 guidelines were revised to include a greater focus on involving more geriatric patients in drug trials.
Request a sample before buying a copy of this report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/RequestSample.aspx?name=280698.
- Reviews the current regulatory landscape and helps sponsors to understand the potential impact of recent guidelines.
- Assesses the barriers to entry in geriatric medicines and identifies potential ways to overcome them and improve clinical decision making.
- Evaluates the importance of establishing Target Quality Product Profiles (TQPP) to help sponsors determine the target patient population earlier on in drug development.
- Identifies treatment gaps and commercial opportunities based on primary care real-time data and KOL insights.
- Analyses different strategies to develop age-appropriate medicines in niche therapeutic fields and discusses methods to encourage the smarter prescription of medicines.
Inquire for a discount on this report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/Discount.aspx?name=280698.
Reasons to buy
- Utilize the insights from this study to analyze the barriers facing the geriatrics market
- Understand the impact of drug development in this market now and in the future
- Find out why regulators are paying more attention to unnecessary “exclusion criteria” and encouraging the inclusion of older people to ensure trials are age-appropriate and more representative of the real world setting.
- Assess the opportunities
available for companies to develop age-appropriate dosages and
formulations for existing drug classes that are currently widely
associated with ADEs in the elderly as well as new therapeutic prospects.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 350,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Call +1 888 391 5441 with your research requirements or email the details on email@example.com and we would be happy to help you find the business intelligence that you need. Not limited to the Pharmaceuticals (http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/pharmaceuticals/) industry, ReportsnReports.com offers research studies on agriculture, medical devices, healthcare, environment, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, biotechnology, automotive, water and much more.