Verde Brand Communications
PURCHASE, N.Y. -- July 28, 2014 -- The 2014 PepsiCo TransRockies™ Run, one of the United States’ most storied trail races, today announced the exciting lineup of top racers who will embark on the 120-mile journey from Buena Vista, CO to Beaver Creek, CO, taking place August 12 to 17. Participants from all over the world will once again come together for an incredible trail running experience, climbing nearly 20,000 feet of elevation gain, all while taking in stunning views of Colorado’s landscape and making lifelong memories. Global food and beverage company, PepsiCo, is the title sponsor for this year’s sold-out event.
Runners have the option to tackle the multi-day adventure as a paired team or solo, participating in either the RUN6 or the RUN3, a three-day race from August 12 to 14 covering 58 miles and 8,600 feet of climbing.
Among the expected podium runners and returning champs are the following participants:
- Justin Ricks: La Sportiva ultra runner and winner of the 2010 and 2011 RUN3. (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Ian Torrence: Adidas ultra runner and holds 177 ultramarathon finishes, including 51 victories. RUN6 teammate is Emily Harrison. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Jason Wolfe: Adidas ultra runner and winner of the 2011 RUN6 and 2014 Imogene Pass. RUN6 teammate is Chris Vargo. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Chris Vargo: Nike Trail Elite Team runner and winner of the 2014 USATF 50-Mile Trail National Championships. RUN6 teammate is Jason Wolfe. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Joe Mills: Ibex endurance athlete and professional rock climber. RUN6 teammate is Kara Henry. (Boulder, CO)
- Matt Hart: Montrail ultra runner, winner of Moab’s 2014 Alpine to Slickrock 50‐Miler and finisher of the Nolan’s 14. (Boulder, CO)
- Kara Henry: Team Captain for Newton Running Elite and winner of the 2013 North Fork 50‐Miler. RUN6 teammate is Joe Mills. (Boulder, CO)
- Emily Harrison: Adidas ultra runner and winner of the 2013 JFK 50 Miler. RUN6 teammate is Ian Torrence. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Magdalene Boulet: HOKA and Balega athlete. Second place finisher at the 2013 North Face Endurance Challenge Championship 50‐Miler. RUN6 teammate is Caitlin Smith. (Oakland, California)
- Caitlin Smith: Salomon and Balega athlete. Winner of the women’s 2009 The North Face Endurance Challenge championship 50‐Miler and 2009 RUN6 champion. This year’s RUN6 teammate is Magdalene Boulet. (Oakland, California)
About TransRockies Events
TransRockies Events produces more than 10 cycling and running events, covering 25 days each year in Canada and the United States and drawing more than 4,000 participants. The U.S. TransRockies Run, now in its 8th year, is recognized as the premier trail running stage race in America. For more information, please visit www.transrockies.com.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2013, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth in shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.