Weekend-long festivities will include food and drink specials, as well as live entertainment
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (April 22, 2015) – As the Kentucky Derby approaches, Barrel 31 announces its first Kentucky Derby Party on Saturday, May 2. The event will include food and drink specials beginning at 10 a.m., as well as mouse races before the Derby begins. Drink specials will include $5 Derby classics, including the B31 Julep and Old-Fashioned @ss Kickin’ cocktails. In addition, food specials will include two southern-inspired sandwiches new to Executive Chef Eric Carter’s menu – the Southern Belle and Southern Gentleman burger. Both will be available for $6 all day.
- B31 Julep – Four Roses bourbon, fresh lemon and mint, Traveler’s Beer Company Lemon Shandy
- Old Fashioned @ss Kickin’ – Old Forester bourbon, Cherry Moonshine, orange & habanero shrub, bitters
- Southern Belle – Country ham, vella jack cheese, peach chutney, crunchy slaw, toasted banana bread
- Southern Gentleman – Barrel 31 proprietary blend, pimento cheese, green tomato relish, mustard greens, smoked ciabatta bun
Barrel 31’s inaugural Kentucky Derby party will begin promptly at 3 p.m. on its outdoor patio. Spectators will wager a $5 minimum on specific mice for each race. There will be a race every 15 minutes from 3 – 4:30 p.m. After each individual race, winning wagers will split 50 percent of the pot for that race. The remaining 50 percent will be donated to Bridgeport Community Church in Union Hill.
The day after, on Sunday, May 3, Barrel 31 will launch the return of the Whiskey Thump Sundays, including $4 Summer Brews and live music every Sunday on the patio from 4 – 8 p.m. The schedule for May is as follows:
- May 3: DJ Kyle Rieger and Alex Reed
- May 10: DJ Kyle Rieger and Alex Reed
- May 17: DJ Kyle Rieger and Alex Reed
- May 24: DJ Kyle Rieger and Justin Curtis
- May 31: DJ Kyle Rieger and Jeff Hale
About Barrel 31
Barrel 31 is a full-service American restaurant offering one of Kansas City’s most extensive and diverse whiskey and bourbon lists. Located in a 3,000-square-foot space that is more than 120 years old in Kansas City’s Union Hill district at 400 E 31st St., Barrel 31 offers lunch and dinner daily: Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. – 12 a.m.; Friday from 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.; Sunday from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Barrel 31 offers brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Barrel 31 also offers happy hour from 3 – 6:47 p.m., Tuesday – Friday and all evening, 3 p.m. – close, on Mondays. Walk-ins are welcome and large party reservations can be made by calling (816) 569-3801. For information and updates, visit www.barrel31.com, “like” Barrel 31 on Facebook at www.facebook.com/barrel31kc, follow on Twitter at @barrel31kc, and follow on Instagram at @Barrel31.