A companion diagnostic test is defined as an in vitro diagnostic device or an imaging tool whose use allows the safe application of a therapy. In-vitro Companion Diagnostic tests measure the expression or presence of a specific biomarker that is linked to a disease condition or therapy. This report provides an analysis of the companion diagnostic market for four major cancers in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Brazil, and the some of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions (Japan, China, and India), and identifies the unmet needs in this companion diagnostics market. This report analyses companion diagnostic tests used in breast, colorectal, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. This report also discusses physician attitudes towards current companion diagnostic tests, and the future of companion diagnostic tests. This report focuses on the major test kits that are supplied to pathology laboratories.
Key Questions Answered
- Global cancer incidence is expected to rise. (Q).What role will companion diagnostic tests for play in the forecast period to tackle this global issue? (Q).How many procedures of companion diagnostic tests will be performed in the ten major markets covered in the report?
- What are the reasons to develop a Companion Diagnostic Test. (Q).What motivates companies to develop a companion diagnostic; physician demand or legislative requirement?
- What strategies are adopted in developing a new companion diagnostics test. (Q).When and how is a companion diagnostic test developed? (Q).Who are the stakeholders? (Q).What are the relationships between Big Pharma and Diagnostic test developers?
- (Q).What technologies underpin companion diagnostic tests?. (Q).What are the common technologies used? Which are the most in demand, across all tests. (Q).What are the emerging technologies?
- What Companion Diagnostic tests are available in breast cancer, colorectal cancer, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. (Q).Which are the leading tests? (Q).How are the tests performed
- Where are companion diagnostics offered. (Q).What disease is likely to see the most demand for Companion diagnostics, which the least? (Q).Which countries are likely to adopt companion diagnostic tests?
- What do physicians think of currently offered companion. (Q).What are the perceived strengths, weaknesses? (Q).What are the unmet needs?
- The Companion Diagnostic test market for the 4 named cancers will grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period. Developed regions, like US and EU showing lowest growth rates. While China and Brazil showing maximum growth rates.
- Breast cancer HER2 testing dominates in terms of volume, but has been overtaken in terms of value by non-small cell lung cancer companion diagnostic testing, mostly for EGFR mutation status.
- The market growth for companion diagnostic testing in the US and EU is heavily dependent on the acceptance into diagnostic guidelines and the stabilisation of test reimbursement. Growth in developing economies is dependant upon patient access to laboratory testing and growth of professional pathology services
For More Related Market Research Reports click here
About JSB Market Research -
JSB Market Research is one of the most significant databases of online market researches and intelligence reports and services. We specialize in providing market research reports for various industries. The online portal for marketing research deals with access to global market data and assists in providing expert insights and exposure on global companies, industries, products and trends.
Tel: + 91 - 22 – 41236650
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org